Chapter 1:

"USE TO TAKE ME OUT IN YOUR FANCY CAR AND MAKE OUT IN THE RAIN AND WHEN I RING YOU UP DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE TILL I HEAR HER SAY YOUR NAME. USE TO SING A LONG WHEN YOU PLAY GUITAR, THATS A DISTANT MEMORY. HOPE SHE TREATS YOU BETTER THAN YOU TREATED ME" I sing at the top of my voice while using my hairbrush as my mic and jumping up and down on my bed.

"-YOU GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND I'LL GO ON WITH MY LIFE. IF YOU'RE GIVING ALL OF YOUR MONEY AND TIME, I'M NOT GONNA SIT HERE WASTING MINE. CIAO ADIOS, I'M DONE." I finish the song off and fall back onto my bed.

"I'm so over him!" I scream. Emmett, my twin brother, and Charlotte, my best friend from preschool who has never left my side throughout my ups and downs, start to clap.

You're probably really confused so let me fill you in. I'm Emma, I go to Eastville High school and if you're wondering I'm not one of those geeks with only one or two friends (although my grades are high), I have a lot of friends and I am popular meaning almost everyone knows me but I'm not one the "populars"(basically the schools bad boy, Austin King and his friends which consist of: the jocks/quarterbacks,cheerleaders and yeah that basically about it) I don't sit at there table, you have to one of them or dating/accompanied by one of them to sit at their table.

Anyways back to the present moment I just broke up with my boyfriend, Kevin who cheated on me will the slut of school, who's the top girl in the populars group that all the others girls worship and follow, Ashely.

"- party", Charlotte was saying.

"What? Sorry I wasn't listening." I say, hugging my unicorn pillow to my chest.

Emmett sighs and hits my arm, "we're going to a party to have a little fun and so that you can completely get over Kevin,"

"I am completely over Kevin!" I say rolling my eyes.

"No arguing, you're going whether you want to or not and that's final. So I think it would be better and easier for you if you just cooperated." Charlotte says.

"Fine what time is it at?"

"Starts at 8, you guys have 2 hours to get ready and knowing the two of you I better leave the room now so that you guys can start getting ready and be ready on time." My brothers says and walks to the door. He looks over his shoulder, "2 hours, I'm not going to wait! You guys are not going to this party 'fashionably late' like you guys do for all the other parties you guys attend." Charlotte and I laugh as he closes the door behind him.

"Get up we have to get ready!" Charlotte screams in my ears.

"Geez women, no need to scream, I'm not deaf!"

She rolls her eyes and makes her way to my cupboard. She opens her draw, yeah she has a draw of her clothes in my room, and takes out a dress that she's always kept there but never worn. "I'm going to go put this on, be right back." And walks into my bathroom. I take this moment to check my phone because I know that when she comes out of the bathroom she won't let me touch my phone until we find me a dress to wear that we both agree on which will most probably take an hour of our time.

I click the button of my IPhone 7 and it says I have 3 missed calls from Kevin and 2, messages:

Kevin Folly🦍{5:45}: Emmy, plz answer your phone I made a mistake.

Kevin Folly🦍{5:30}: Emma, plz stop ignoring me. I need to talk to you.

I was just thinking about replying, the guilt getting the better of me, when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom wearing a baby blue, knee length, sleeveless dress and rocking it. She raises her eyebrows at me, basically asking me what I think.