Chapter 7

"You're joining the football team?!?!" Ally yells. School just ended and I told her about me joining the football team. "First, you get to watch them practice every week! Then, you start dating The Jax Thompson. And NOW you are joining the team!" Oh and did I forget to mention that ALL day I've had people come up to me and ask 'Is it true that you are dating The Jax Thompson?' Since when does he have have a 'the' in front of his name?

I roll my eyes at her statement and keep walking to the field when I see a group of girls on the field. We keep walking and I soon realize they are all fawning over Jax. I roll my eyes.

"Somebody jealous." I hear someone in the group snort.

"Yes, I am extremely jealous of you fawning over my boyfriend." I say emphasizing the word 'my'.

"Also Jax." I say to him.

"Yes?"

"Since when was there a 'the' in front of your name?" I ask and he looks at me with a confused face.

" All day people have been coming up to me and asks me if it is true that I'm dating The Jax Thompson." I say.

"Oh yeah I don't really know. I guess 'cause I'm popular." He says shrugging and sitting on the bleachers next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Bexley? Why does your sweatshirt say 'HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED RETURNS'? That makes no sense." Alice scoffs and attempts to sit on Jax' lap.

"Get off me." He say and picks her up and sets her next to him.

"It's a Harry Potter reference." I say to her comment about my sweatshirt. They both give me a blank look.

"Ugh! You people need to read a book." I say.

"GIRLS OFF MY FEILD!" I hear a voice boom and all the girls except me and Alice run of the field.

"Bexley! You have to get off the field too." Alice says and acts like she just beat me in the presidential election.

"No, I don't. I'm joining the team." I tell.

"WHAT! Coach! Why are you letting Bexley on the team? You didn't let me on the team when I asked!" She yells walking over to Dad.

"Because, Akers, Bexley is good! You are not." Dad says bluntly.

"Fine. Let's see who can throw the ball the furthest. Me or Bexley. If Bexley wins she gets to be on the team. When I win I get to join the team, Bexley gets kicked off and I get to kiss Jaxie-poo." She says and winks at Jax who has wide eyes.

"I don't want to kiss her." Jax whines.

"I don't want you to kiss her either. And we all know I'm going to win." I assure him and kiss him on the cheek before getting up.

"OK Alice. You stand there."I say after getting 2 footballs. She nods and takes one of the balls from me.

"GO!" Dad yells and we both throw the ball with all our might. Mine goes almost to the edge of the field and her's barley goes in the middle of the end zone.

"And we have a winner!" Dad screams. Alice folds her arms over her chest and leaves the field.

"Thank you so much for winning." Jax says and I roll my eyes.

"Ok, all of you, follow me." Dad says and we follow him off the field. We walk to the parking lot when I see Andrew Luck, dads friend or an NFL superstar. All the guys are amazed but I see him a lot so it doesn't really surprise me.

"As most of you know this is Andrew Luck. He is a friend of mine and I decided to have him come and talk to you guys about how you will be able to maybe join the NFL one day." Dad says.