Replica of ''I Will Not Be Subjugated'' in Dungeon

I don't care about (inconsistencies with the OG setting). The most fun part of storytelling is coming up with my own settings. Fanfics should be free.

- Arimaria

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several hours had passed since the second half of the party arrived at the large chamber at the end of the dungeon. The first half of the party, who should have entered the dungeon before us, finally arrived.

"...May I ask why it took you so long?"

"I'm sorry, Lady Frieren is the type who can't be satisfied unless she explores every corner of a dungeon..."

"Look at this, I found a lot of valuable materials and grimoires!"

"Lady Frieren, you should apologize first."

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting..."

"No, um, well, as long as everyone made it here safely, it's okay."

Frieren was scolded by Fern and looked downcast, but she was still carefully holding several grimoires in her arms. On top of that, it seemed like she was carrying a lot of materials with her using spatial storage magic.

Frieren's carefree... or rather, natural attitude made me feel at ease. I came here feeling quite serious, thinking about the unpleasantness of having my skills used without my permission, and the evil of my own magic and past. But Frieren seemed to have enjoyed this dungeon to the fullest.

Well, if you're going to explore a dungeon, you might as well enjoy it, and I'm not going to deny that.

...However, Freelen is probably the only one who can be so carefree in a place where there are traps that can kill you instantly, and enemies with the same skill level as you. If the dungeon had a little less killing intent... no, then it might just become an attraction.

...Now, let's get back to the story.

We split up into two parties at the entrance, but we were supposed to meet up again at the deepest part of the dungeon. That's because the final gate from here on requires a different approach than before.

"Has everyone experienced fighting a clone? And have you seen the clone of First-Class Mage Sense?"

"Yes, I did. Übel defeated it."

"That's good... However, it seems that the clones will revive after a while, so we can't afford to be too careless."

As I spoke, I opened the door leading to the deepest part of the dungeon.

We have already verified that what awaits us there will not attack us unless we enter the deepest part. It only eliminates those who enter here, and if we escape from the innermost hall, it will no longer attack us, and if we only peek in, it will not show any reaction in particular. That's why I can show it to Frieren and the others who have just arrived.

Standing guard over the large door is a black-brown body that is characteristic of clones, like pottery. However, the twin-tail hair is beautifully and softly flowing like a river. In its small hand, it holds a similarly cloned staff. And its eyes still stare at us with no emotion.

That's right.

It was a clone of Frieren the Slayer, the mage of the Hero Party.

That was the strongest enemy and the last gate in this test.

"There is a magical reaction from a creature beyond that door. It's definitely not a Kopiëren... but a Spiegel, the water-mirror demon."

'Kopiëren' is the name used by the demons, while the humans call it Spiegel. That is what dwells in the deepest part of this dungeon. A survivor of the ancient demons, it creates an infinite number of clones and uses them to eliminate intruders.

Strongest Hypnosis Charmer vs DemonessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara