The ''Imitation'' Girl vs the Demon Slayer

In the previous chapter, Frieren attacks.

I'm delighted that many readers have enjoyed it. It seems that everyone really likes stories that involve the destruction of the Demons' dignity and passionate pure love.

- Arimaria

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"P-put the staff down. You understand, this is a hostage, right?"

Not good, I thought.

I am currently restrained by Linie, who possesses the body of a demon and the heart of a human—speaking in this manner gives her a distinctly protagonist-like attribute—with an axe blade pressed against the side of my neck. And facing Linie, a silver twin-tailed elf was pointing her staff at her... That's the current situation.

From an outsider's perspective, one could infer one thing from this scene: an evil demon has taken me hostage, and the elf is targeting that demon.

However, the reality is different.

Although it appears that Linie is tightly restraining me, it's actually a bit different. Whether she imitated it somewhere or not, Linie's arms, while firmly stopping my movements, are so gentle that I don't feel any pain from the restraints.

Furthermore, her arms are trembling more than ever before, and her fingertips have become pale and cold. Terrified of harming or killing others, she is already trembling with fear at the prospect of opposing the elf in front of her, even before being in direct conflict. That's why she's pretending to take me hostage like this.

In short, Linie has no intention of harming me from the beginning.

Her aim is undoubtedly to make us the victim. Against the elf who is determined to exterminate demons, she wants to imprint the idea that "I am a victim deceived by demons" and "the only evil here is one demon." By doing so, she intended to divert the elf's murderous intent away from me, ensuring that, at worst, only she would be killed.

Linie, without averting her eyes from the elf, whispered to me in a voice that only I could hear.

"Sorry, mister. But I'll definitely protect you."

"Linie, let me clear up the misunderstanding. That would be the most appropriate."

"No. I won't let you be in danger."

Flatly rejected. For her at this moment, the possibility of me getting hurt is more to be avoided than being misunderstood and targeted herself.

I'm genuinely happy that she has taken a liking to me, but at the same time, it complicates things in situations like these.

She might think of me as an upright and virtuous savior, but that's not the case. I am, for better or worse, the Hypnosis Charmer. I rewrite women's hearts as I please and engage in friendly relationships based on my whims. There's no way there's no sin in that.

Therefore, if I were to be killed here, I could consider it fair, or at least, inevitable. Actually, when I was crushed by a dump truck in the previous world, instead of feeling the fear of death or a sense of loss, I only wished for the happiness of the women who were left behind.

So, even if I were to die here to protect Linie, I wouldn't feel so bad about it. It's time to settle the accounts of the sins I've committed. There's no room for objections there...

Dying for your own woman, there's no better way to go as a man, right?

Of course, I feel sorry for the women left in the town... but there's nothing I can do about that. A man who lets a woman die while saying, "I can't die for my own woman" has no right to embrace women.