1 : Collywobbles

CHAPTER 1

VIVIANA KNIGHT

Ring. Ring.

Ring. Ring.

"Shut up!" I muttered with my eyes still closed.

Ring. Ring.

Ring. Ring.

Again I slapped the alarm to shut it, but it kept ringing. I covered my ears with a pillow to shut out the sound. But it kept ringing and ringing.

I sat up on the bed glaring at the alarm clock.

Suddenly the door to my room opened, Delaney entered. She looked at me a bit surprised, clearly not expecting me to be awake without her yelling at me.

"Good Morning." I greeted still in my angry tone.

She just shook her head and said "Get ready, we're late."

I nodded and got up from the bed making my way towards the washroom. I dressed up for college. After taking a look at myself in the mirror for one last time I ran downstairs for breakfast.

"I'm late." I said picking up a sandwich.

Margot handed me another one "Take another one as well."

I took it and stuffed half of the sandwich in my mouth. I called Mum, while walking for the 8 am class.

"Morning, Mum." I greeted.

"Good Morning, you ready?"

"I'm late."

"It's 8 am already."

"I know."

"Since you are already late, why not video call me?"

"No." Before I could hang up she switched the call into a video call. I picked it up "Hey, Mum."

"There you are."

"You've seen me now, can I go?" I was about to hang up when she shouted.

"Wait!"

I stood still in my place signalling Margot, Abby and Delaney to go ahead. "Yep."

"I have been noticing a thing for a few days now."

"What?" I asked, not knowing what she meant by that. I started walking slowly.

"You are dressing up too much these days... for college."

"No I am not."

"You are."

"I am not."

"You are."

"Are we really fighting over this?" I gave up this time, because she is right. I am dressing up too much for college. I think too much before dressing up for college. I have become conscious about myself these days.

"Is it for him?" That took me by surprise.

"Mumma!"

She smiled "It is him."

I remained silent, biting my lip.

She just shook his head "If he really would've liked you, he'll like you the way you are naturally... you don't have to change yourself for him."

"That's just a saying, Mumma. Everybody wants a pretty woman."

It is true. I mean, be yourself, he'll love you for what you are, is really just a saying. Everybody is attracted to the person who dresses up and looks pretty.