Christmas in Milwaukee?

Maya~

"Christian!" I yell through the netting after finding our seats. I set my beer down as he walked over to us.

"You made it."

He gets the netting apart before hugging me, "Of course. I had to be here."

He kisses me quickly, "How'd your meeting go this morning? Did everything work out?"

"Yeah, it did. I'll tell you more tonight."

"Okay. Are you warm?"

"We have two blankets."

"And beer," Bridget adds.

He laughs, "I'm glad. It'll keep you warm."

Bridget takes our photo for us. "Did you drive?" he asks.

"She did."

"Wait around and come back with me?"

"Yeah," I say as Bridget makes weird gagging noises behind me, "We're in public," she says.

We both shake our heads, "I'll find my way down after the game. Good luck. I love you."

"Okay, sounds good. Thank you. I love you too," he tells me before kissing me once again. He fixes the netting before jogging down to the foul ball line just after first base.

I sit next to Bridget. We get situated with our blankets. "Oh my gosh, look at this photo," she says, her voice now in a higher register.

I smile at the photo of Christian and me as he looks at me with a huge smile while I look past him out at the field. "My second Opening Day with him. It's kind of crazy. It's gone by so fast. Faster than I thought it would."

I watch him go back to his warm-up routine. He's so perfect. I love getting to watch him do his thing.

"Earth to Maya? Yoo-hoo."

"What?"

"I asked how the house was coming along."

"Oh, good. They're on schedule. They just started framing everything."

"Good. Did you finalize everything for it? I know he was annoying you."

I laugh, "He was. But yeah, we did. 5 bathrooms, 5 bedrooms, a big ass kitchen, a 3-car garage, a finished basement, and 12-foot ceilings. There's probably more that I'm forgetting."

"I feel like you should give me a room."

"You are married with a house."

"What if I get tired of him one night? Maybe I just want to sleep over and I'm sure Christian wouldn't enjoy the thought of me in your bed."

I laugh, "I'll talk to him."

"I hope you do and I hope he sees the problem."

"You know what Bridget told me today before the game started?" I ask Christian as we lay in bed, messing with each other's fingers.

He looks at me, "What?"

I chuckle, "She would like us to add another room just for her when she gets tired of Josh."

"No way she said that."

"She did."

"We're talking about the girl who is literally glued to her husband."

"That's the one."

"What's in it for us?"

"I don't know. I already see her for ten hours a day."