Cedar Wood.

Maya~

Getting home, I put my stuff on the table, looking around for Christian. "Christian?" I ask.

When I don't get an answer, I search my room and the rest of my house before coming across a note left on the counter.

Got an Uber back to my place to get ready for tomorrow. I plan on coming back if that's okay. Let me know if it's not.

I pull out my phone to text him.

Me: Always welcome
Christian: Okay :)

After I'm done showering, I brush through my hair and get dressed for bed even though I have a few hours until then. I start making dinner for us.

The door from the garage opens. I know it's Christian. "You suck at closing your garage door."

"I'm too tired to shut it."

He laughs, setting a couple of things on my table. "How was work?"

"Fine. Nothing huge."

He takes the spatula out of my hand. "What else are you making?"

"I have some asparagus in the fridge."

I sit on the counter as he starts cooking for me. I hug my knee, "You look tired."

"Ready for bed and it's only 5."

I watch him cut off the stems of the asparagus before laying them out and seasoning them. "I think I'm staying for a few more days than I expected."

"Why's that?"

"You said it's supposed to be cold and I started checking the weather and it's not looking good. My mom thinks my flight might get canceled."

"I wouldn't be surprised if it did."

"Yeah, so I'm just going to wait it out and see if things change."

"Hate to break it to you, it won't."

He laughs, "I figured it wouldn't but trying to stay optimistic."

"You can stay with me."

"Yeah?"

"Can't let you freeze."

He smiles, "I might."

"I'll keep you warm in my heated blanket."

"That was a lifesaver."

I laugh, "Until it was 2:30 and I was sweating my ass off."

"Really?"

"Yes, I kicked it off of me and when I got up to get ready, you had kicked it off."

He laughs. I get off the counter at the sound of my doorbell. I look out the window and see nobody. Probably got a package.

I open the door to see a couple of plastic packages. These are probably clothes I bought for Nashville.

I grab a pair of scissors and open them. I pull out the clothes I bought and go through them. I might as well keep them.

He comes behind me, "What's that?"

"Clothes I bought for Nashville that obviously got here late."

I put the clothes in my room in the corner to be dealt with later. As I go back to the kitchen, I pull my sweatshirt sleeves over my hands.

"Are you cold?"

"Yeah."

He hugs me as we stand in the middle of my kitchen. I hold my hands under his sweatshirt. "You're warm."