Chapter 44

LEWIS

I'm sitting on one of the couches on the dock, looking at the night setting on the sea. Winnie is asleep in her room and Aria went to wash her hair, so this is one of the only moments of silence.

Truth to be told, I like the loudness more.

"Hey", I can hear a very familiar voice.

I turn around and see Aria, her blonde hair still wet, a white night robe on, her blue eyes sparkling with the stars. She's beautiful. Absolutely stunning.

"Hey", I let out, but my voice must have come out a bit hoarse, since I feel like I can't breathe from how damn beautiful she is.

"We need to talk", she says, tiptoeing her way to me, lifting my arm and leaning on me on the couch, placing my arm around her shoulders.

I don't even know what to feel. People usually say we need to talk when something is wrong. "Are you...", I begin, yet I can feel my voice breaking from the fear I feel. "Are you breaking up with me?"

"No", Aria lets out convinced. She then turns to look at me. "Why would I? I love you."

That has me calmed down and I plant a kiss on the top of her head. "Then what do you want us to talk about?"

She sits up straight to look at me, still sitting next to me on the couch. It seems serious. "I want to quit my job."

I did not expect that.

"Why?", I can't help but ask.

She points with her hands between us. "Well, first of all, to point out the obvious, we're together. And it might make everything really weird."

"I have loved you since the day I saw you standing in front of my office and that didn't seem to be a problem."

Aria tries hard to hide a blush. Yet I notice it. "But I didn't know you loved me then. Now I know you love me and I'm not planning on wasting any day by not calling you part of my life." She takes my hand and gives it a small kiss. "I don't want to be the one working for you. I don't want us to have to pretend we're not crazy in love and I don't want us to have to fight because of a stapler or other nonsense."

"I could never fight with you", I mumble.

She looks past my comment. "And besides, I really miss social media. I said I won't, but I do. And my account started growing ever since I started posting F1 stuff. I could now do my content and then F1 content too. This way, I could travel with you when you go to the races and work from home when we're in New York."

I look at her, not even knowing what to say.

"Is this what you want?", I ask her.

Something in her eyes tells me she's telling the truth as she nods. "I do. I really miss it."

I try to let my mouth twitch as I say: "I'll make sure to call Tina in the morning."

"Why would you have to call Tina?", she asks me confused.

"To tell her she needs to find me a new secretary."

"I love you", she says happily, wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me a kiss. As we pull five inches away, she chuckles and adds: "I still get longest assistant title."

"You don't", I correct her.

She shrugs, faking being disappointed. "Best assistant?", she tries again.

I don't need to think twice about it as I start nodding. "That's for sure."

It's then I pull her even closer to me and show her just how much I love her.