Chapter 30

ARIA

"Where's your boss?", Levi comes next to me as I enter in the APOLLO garage in Baku. Correction: As I enter alone in the APOLLO garage in Baku.

"New York", I mutter. I am not in the mood to be here. No matter how much I love F1, my brain has been giving up lately. I am really exhausted from this whole thing between Lewis and me. One day he loves me. One day he kisses me in Singapore. The other day he insists we shouldn't talk anymore and sends me alone in another corner of the globe.

I'm perfectly fine.

"Did you pull another one of your blondie moves and came here to save the day?", he asks me grinning.

I shake my head and take another sip from the latte in my hands. I am not wearing APOLLO colors today. But a pastel green dress with some white sneakers and my necklaces. My hair is straightened, and it falls down my shoulders. I like the look, so I guess I'll post some pictures later.

"You're miserable", Levi notices after some time. His voice is now lacking any tone of teasing.

I nod. What's the point of hiding it?

"Did things go wrong with your knight in shining Ralph Lauren?"

I glare at him. That he even dares joke.

I walk over to the relaxation room, which is luckily free from anyone. It's then I throw myself on the couch and sink my face in my palms.

"I don't even know what I'm doing wrong. It's like every time things start getting good, he locks himself away and breaks any contact." I look up, to meet Levi's eyes. "Does he have someone? Am I the other woman?"

"Aria, no..."

"Then why is he so afraid to start something with me? To fall in love. Is it my fault?"

"No", he replies, this time more convinced. That has me questioning. "So he does have someone?"

Levi takes a deep breath. "I think that's not a conversation you should have with me."

My heart starts aching, at the thought that I might have destroyed a perfectly happy relationship. I should have never fallen for him.

"Did I just destroy a marriage?", I continue, my bottom lip shaking, and I can feel how the tears want to start falling.

Levi does the weirdest thing. He comes and bends down on his knees right in front of me, so he's even closer.

"You did not destroy any marriage. And it's not your fault. I wish I could tell you more, but that's Lewis' story to tell."

"He'll never speak to me again", I mutter.

It's now Levi smirks again. "He will. Cause sooner or later he'll realize how whipped he is for you."

I raise an eyebrow. He lets out a chuckle.

"I've known the guy for the past eleven years. And I've never seen him this in love. He might want to find a way to hide his feelings, but I know deep down he knows you two are endgame."

The door opens and Duncan comes inside, his face almost red. "Mister Dyer, I've been calling you for five minutes. The race is about to start and you're not in your car and we have to go over the strategy and...", it's now he notices me. "Miss Grant, I am so sorry for this. Have you seen Mr. Cunnan?"

For some reason, I gasp for air and sink my face in my palms again just hearing his name.

"Definitely not here", I can hear Levi tell Duncan.

"Asshole", I hiss at him even from behind my palms.

I don't have to look at him to see the cocky grin. "Look, here's what we're going to do", he tells me. "I am going to go win this race, and then we'll go out for the night."

"Someone's rather confident", I can't help but let out at him.

"It's not confidence, but talent", he counters.

I flip him off as he walks away, leaving me alone in the relaxation room.

Someone should change the name of this place cause I'm anything but relaxed.