Epilogue

Sayoni buttons up the jacket to Loyal's suit "Mommy?" Loyal questions and Sayoni hums.

"Why're you wearing glasses to grandma's funeral" Loyal points at the sunglasses on Sayoni's face and she presses her lip together.

"I don't know" She shrugs. But the truth to why she's wearing glasses is because her eyes are puffy and red from her crying.

Sayoni loads her children into her car before getting into the Driver seat.

The reason Dayvon can't be with her right now is because he's at the Funeral of his friend, Charles Parker, or better known as Draco.

Sayoni takes a deep breath pulling out of the drive through.

"Can we all Welcome Mariah as she would like to say a few words of goodbye to her mother." The Pastor says and Mariah looks at her siblings before going to the stand.

She clears her throat, sniffling a little as she unfolds a piece of paper.

"Thank all of you for coming" Mariah says looking at the church house full of people. "My mom would be happy to see all the familiar faces."

"When talking to a few people, they told me that a Funeral should be your final goodbye to your loved one. They said the loved one would hate to see you sad when you say your final goodbye. I don't know how I should feel though." Mariah pauses as tears start flowing down her eyes.

She drops her head before looking back at the people. "But what I do know is that my- my mom will not see me walk down the aisle. My mom will not see me in my big white dress. She won't be here to teach me how to be a mother. She won't meet my children, she won't meet the love of my life, she won't see me turn 18, and she won't send me off to college to begin the next chapter in my life"

"H- how do you expect me" Mariah points at herself. "To be glad about this?" She points around the room glancing at her mothers coffin.

"Now I know my mom doesn't want me to shut down but.. I don't know how to handle this. I don't know how to live without my mom." Mariah says through her tears and broken voice.

"My mother was a wonderful person, she always did what she can for the people she loves and even for the people that have wronged her"

"I will forever keep her name alive, and always make sure she knows that there is still love. Thank you everyone for coming" Mariah finishes wiping her eyes.

She walks down, claiming back her seat next to Sayoni.

Sayoni sadly looks at her sister and brings her in for a hug, letting the girl cry into her.

Sayoni stands over her mothers closed Casket, she is holding an asleep Royal in her arms and Loyal is outside with Darion

She sighs putting a hand on the Casket.

They've decided not to bury her but instead host a funeral, let people see her, then cremate her.

"I guess my invite got lost in the mail" Sayoni hears the Familiar voice that she has grown to hate so much.

She turns facing Leon.

Her mother abusive ex and the father of her little brother Jaylen.

"No we just never sent one, what the fuck do you want" Sayoni questions him and he laughs.

"Damn that's how you feel? In the lords house though" Leon says with a smile on his face and Sayoni mugs him.

"Leon seriously, fuck you" Sayoni says about to walk away. "Hold up" He says holding his hand out.

"I just want you to tell Mariah I like the lil speech she did, almost made me shed a tear. But another thing is, I want my son" He says and Sayoni tilts her head to the side.

She begins laughing. "Yeah your not getting Jaylen" She blankly tells him and Leon chuckle stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Hell Nawl my name on his birth certificate, have his ass ready in a month cause I'm coming to get my son Sayoni." He begins walking towards the exit.

"Bring how many lawyers you want into this. I'm go get my son" He exits the church, leaving Sayoni standing there, in the church.

All alone.

YEAH FIRST BOOK DONE!

SOSA OUT FOR A MINUTE!