Capture the Flag is a Totally Non-violent game. Yes. Definitely. Why do you ask?

Beginning Notes:

Super brief summaries of what happens in the Kane Chronicles and the Magnus Chase Trilogy.

— ☼ —

[Uh... Tim? You good there?]

[I'm Awake!]

[You sure?]

[Yup. All good. Totally fine. Continue on.]

[Ooookay. If you say so.]

— ☼ —

If I had to pick a favorite place in the world, it would ultimately be Camp.

[Not the skatepark?]

[Don't get me wrong, I love the skatepark, and I love it here at the Manor, but Camp is... Camp is Camp. There's really no other way to describe it.]

Being back for a summer session was amazing. I could catch up with my friends, train without worrying about someone seeing me, get to know my new siblings better, and just have fun in general. I also got to meet the Cocoa Puffs!

All of us counselors and older campers who remembered what camp was like before the wars were hard at work to recreate the Camp experience for the newer kids. Yes, we still heavily focused on making sure that each kid was prepared in case of a monster attack or gods-forbid another war, but it wasn't the main focus of the summer anymore. We were back to canoe races and prank wars and slightly-over-competitive games of Capture the Flag on Fridays.

Will and I passed on the Cabin Seven skateboarding tradition to Gracie, Yan, and Jerry, as well as some new siblings who had just shown up this summer; Riley, Charlotte, Ty, and Nick. And Apollo - as Lester - would pop in every once and a while to join the sing-a-long at the Campfire.

I gave myself a week of normal camp activities before I decided it was time for me to try and get in touch with the liaisons from the other Mythologies. If the Spartan is supposed to be the bridge for everyone then I should probably make sure I actually know how to interact with each mythology. Except for one problem.

I had no clue how to get in touch with them.

See, IMing doesn't reach Hotel Valhalla, and it won't reach the Egyptians if they are inside one of the Nomes of the House of Life. Something about politics and Iris and Fleecy not wanting to step on other pantheon's toes by spreading their powers into non-Greco/Roman mythological locations.

So I resolved to ask Chiron if he knows how I can get in touch with them since he's friends with the mentors of the other pantheons. Or, at least with a cat and a talking head??? I'm a little unsure on how that works.

Chiron raises an eyebrow at me when I approach him with my question. "While I can certainly get you in touch with Bast and Mimir, it might be more prudent to ask Annabeth for the phone numbers of her cousin and the Kanes."

"Oh yeah." I blink a few times, "I totally forgot that she and Percy know them. I'll, uh, I'll go ask her." I awkwardly back out of the room, "Thanks, Chiron!"

Annabeth was teaching the beginner Ancient Greek lesson when I find her, so I wait until the lesson is done to ask. She's more than happy to give me everyone's contact info, and a few phone numbers later I have a new groupchat on my phone.

Skylar Richardson has added Carter Kane, Sadie Kane, Samirah al-Abbas, Magnus Chase, Alex Fierro, Frank Zhang, and Hazel Levesque to the Group Chat: