• Chapter Twelve •

Soobin pov.

Huening Kai and me stayed seated in the grass after Y/n left.

"I'm surprised it was you to catch our kiss and not Geonil.." I said. "You must be doing a good job at keeping him away, since he hasn't bothered either of us since you helped me from getting beaten up." I added.

Huening Kai started to speak slowly and clearly for me to lip read, and even used sign language sometimes when he knew a word.

"It's okay Soobin, Geonil won't beat you up again. I had a nice long talk with him. Geonil is a very close friend of mine, I know him very well. He felt bad for hurting you and he decided to stay away from both of you from now on. So don't worry." Said Huening Kai.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"He's fine." He replied, then looked down and his expression changed to upset.

Huening Kai pov Flashback from weeks ago.

"Hey Geonil, you can't just beat someone up like that!! He didn't do anything wrong!" I said as I pushed Geonil against a wall in the empty hallway, forcing him to look at me.

"Hyuka, I know I went overboard, okay?! I just really liked Y/n... I don't know, I just put my brokenheartedness on Soobin." Geonil said to me, then looked down avoiding my gaze.

"That's not right Geonil..." I said.

"I know! And I regret it! I've never hurt someone like that and I don't want to do it again. I couldn't sleep last night, I was worried that I might have hurt Soobin too much. Is he okay?" Geonil asked.

"Yeah, he is fine." I replied. "What are you going to do now, Geonil?" I added, then stopped pushing him into the wall.

He took a moment to respond.

"I'm going to avoid both of them, so I don't hurt them. I'm going to get rid of my feelings for Y/n. I think I already got rid of them for the most part, but I'll stay away to make sure. And can you tell Soobin I am sorry?" He asked as he looked at me in the eyes again.

"Y- yeah, of course Geonil!" I stuttered from the eye contact.

That's when, Geonil wrapped his arms around my waist and embraced me in a warm hug.

My heart was beating way too fast. He never hugs me! Ahh...

I hesitated before I wrapped my arms around him too.

"I'm sorry about the things I said to you. I do need you, you're my best friend." He said, which was making a whole zoo inside my stomach go crazy.

"U- uh-huh" I keep stuttering.

"What's wrong with me? Why would I beat up some defenseless dude? That really shows how tough I am. The real tough one is you Hyuka, because you stand up for what is right. And me, I did what's wrong, you know." Geonil said, still hugging me.

"Mhmm. It's not to l- late to change though, G- Geonil. Y- you know, you can stand up for what's right too n- now!!" I said.

"Yeah, you're right." He said. "Have you ever got mad at someone that your crush liked? Like, you're just not as good as them or something? So you just get upset." He asked.

"Yeah. But I never thought about beating up Y/n, wether she was a boy or girl, I wouldn't. Keke." My eyes widened in shock once I realized what I had just said. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?!

"Hmm? Y/n? Who likes Y/n other than me or Soobin??" He asked.

I just froze.

Geonil pulled away from the hug.

"Is it Soobin? That explains so much.." said Geonil quite angrily.

"N- no! I- it's n- not Soobin!" I stuttered.

What's my problem? I should have stayed quiet or made something up..

"Is it me??" Geonil asked as he looked at me with a serious look.

I just staying quiet this time and looked down. I just screwed up big time.

"It is, isn't it? Uhh.. I can't believe this.." Geonil crossed his arms and walked away...

I sat down with my back against the wall and my head between my knees and started to cry.

Back to reality. Huening Kai pov.

I got cut off from my train of thought when Soobin was waving his hands in front of my face.

"Are you alright Huening Kai? You're crying.." Said Soobin.

Oh shoot.. I quickly wiped my tears away.

"Yeah Soobin I'm fine! It's just my allergies!! Kekeke." I said and he lip read.

"Hmm.. You sure?" He asked.

"Of course! I'm fine don't worry!! It's just the ragweed plants over there that is making my eyes burn!!" I lied. I'm not allergic to ragweed. Or any weed. I don't have allergies.

"Oh okay. Well, I gotta go home now. My mom is waiting." Said Soobin as he stood up.

"Okay bye Soobin! See ya later!!!" I said to him.

Then he waved and turned away and left.

Y/n pov.

I walked into the door of my house and my mom was standing there.

She looked at me from head to toe.

"My goodness Y/n! Why are you soaking wet?" She asked.

"Oh! Soobin, Kai and me were playing and we splashed each other with the river water! Hehe." I responded.

"Oh my! Looks like you had fun." She smiled.

"Yeah! I definitely did." I said as I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Okay Y/n go get into something dry and then come and eat dinner!" She said and laughed a bit.

I nodded and ran up to my bedroom and changed into something dry and comfy. Then I grabbed my phone and seen I had a text message from Soobin.

Soobin🐰❤️:
Hey Y/n 😊

Y/n🌸:
Hi Soobin🤭

Soobin🐰❤️:
Dooo you want to go on a picnic with me tomorrow?👀
Lunch time? 👀

Y/n🌸:
Sure! But let me ask my mom.

Then I ran downstairs and sat at the table to eat.

"Mom? Can I go on a picnic with Soobin tomorrow?" I asked nervously.

"Of course hunny. But be back by dinner time." She said.

-----------------❥

As you know, you're votes and comments make my day ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ

Also, sorry that this chapter didn't have much interaction with Y/n and Soobin🥹