• Chapter Four •

I waved at him and he gave me a cute smile.

Wow, his smile is so cute.

"Whatcha doing here Soobin?" I signed.

"I just thought I'd take a walk and get some air. What about you?"

"Same."

The both of us looked back at the shining water as the breeze blew through our hair.

I can't help but smile. I don't know why but something about his presence makes me feel happy.

Suddenly Soobin signed to me again:

"Y/n, I know it's a little early but I can already tell you're going to be a very special person to me."

Wow. That's what I thought earlier, hehe. Wow.

"I can tell too." I signed back.

Suddenly another man came and stood at the other side of me, which made me turn my head towards him.

It was the boy from my class. The one that was at the beach who brought his minions to pick on us. His name is Geonil.. I really can't stand him or his friends. He probably considers me as a friend but I don't consider him a friend of mine..

I just gave him a glare for invading my personal space.

"Hey hey. Y/n it's your favorite boy right here." Geonil pointed to himself while giving a playful yet cringe smirk.

"Ha! Wow. Well, I hate to burst your bubble but you're far from being my favorite boy."

"Well, not yet then.. But I will be. Anyway, who's the tall boy you've been hanging out with? I've never seen him at school before." He asked.

I know Geonil knows who Soobin is so I just rolled my eyes.

"Y/n is he your boyfriend?" He asked in a weird tone of voice.

"No. He's my favorite boy though." I replied without making eye contact.

But I could tell he was angry now.

"Hmmm. Hey you!" He was trying to say to Soobin even though he knows Soobin can't hear.

Soobin looked at him confused.

"Oh that's right! How could I forget.. You're deaf. What a shame.." this is starting to make my blood boil. "Y/n, since he's notttt your boyfriend. Wanna go to the school dance with me?" He asked

Are you kidding me?!?! What an idiot. Like seriously who does he think he is??

"Not only no. But heck no. Now get out my grill." I said without looking at him.

"Ight! Fine then! But you'll change your mind!" He said as he started walking away.

"It'll be in my cold dead grave!" I shouted.

Once Geonil was gone I looked back at the water and sighed.

Then I can feel Soobin staring at me so I turn and look at him.

"Is he your... boyfriend?" He asked shyly.

"Wha? Noooo wayyyyyy. I can't stand him. He reminds me of Gaston from beauty and the beast.. Ughhh." I signed with a discusted expression on my face.

He chuckled. I have never heard him speak yet but his laugh is soooo cute, his voice must be adorable.

"He told me..... tooooo not take you? Uhmm, I thought he was your boyfriend."

"What?! He told you? So he wrote something down for you? When?" I'm so angry at Geonil. I mean, I always am. He's an idiot stick.

"Uh, yesterday actually. After the beach." He hesitated.

I turned around to the direction Geonil went:

"Geonil leave me alone! I never want to talk with you again! And leave my friends alone too! And you know what??!? Maybe Soobin is my boyfriend!! So he already has taken me so stop wasting your time!!!" I don't know why I decided to say that... But I did. And I kinda don't regret it. Maybe Geonil will leave me alone now.

Soobin pov.

I am so confused about what is happening.

Y/n turned back towards me. I assume she was yelling at Geonil but I'm not really sure. I hope I don't regret telling her what he said to me.

She gave me a cute smile and wiped her jacket as if she was dusting herself from yelling.

I gave her a confused look.

"What did you say.....?" I asked nervously.

"Oh! I uhm.. Told him to ask Kare- I mean Soyeon to the dance instead." She signed with a sarcastic smile.

I just nodded with an expression that showed I was still confused.

"Oh, Soobin. He asked me to the school dance and I said 'heck no!' So yeah. He's not my boyfriend and he wouldn't ever be. He's literally just like Gaston!" I don't know why she is so energetic right now but she is. And she started to laugh which makes me laugh too.

She's so cute. Kekkekeke..

We finally stopped dying of laughter for weird reasons.

"I should be getting home now, my mother might start getting worried." I signed.

She nodded then suddenly Y/n GRABBED MY HAND! ahhhhhhhhh. My heart is suddenly pumping so fast I almost wonder if it's making any sound!

"Come. I'll escort you." She signed with one hand.

I just nodded. I can feel my cheeks burning up so I try not to let her notice...

Y/n pov.

I can't believe I grabbed his hand. I didn't even think. I mean, it doesn't sound too weird but once I actually did it my heart started beating really fast.

I wonder if I should let go..?

No. Then he'd know something was going on!

Just continue and act normal! Ahh.

We walk down the sidewalk. And I suddenly remember that I have no idea where Soobin lives. So I stopped and signed to him:

"Where you live, Soob?"

"Oh. Uh, this way!" He signed and then pointed a direction.

I nodded and we walked the direction hand in hand.

I wonder if he thinks this is awkward.. Or if he thinks nothing of it.

Anyway, we continued to walk to Soobin's house. Stopping occasionally to look at a cute bird or bunny and then walk again. Still holding hands.

_______________