Thirty-Seven: Epilogue

Corvina Calix

We danced, his left hand on the small of my back where I could feel the cold iron of his ring.

"I know it's not been that long for you but I've waited 5 years for this." He said and I smiled.

"Well I'm happy it worked out." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

He began humming the song, his chest vibrating with it.

I shut my eyes, adoring this moment with him, looking at my ring.

Rock was an understatement

I had taken my heels off, my feet on his as he walked us, Jess and Tony dancing together as well, Casey and Harden being funny as they slow danced together, spinning each other around clumsily.

"Who woulda thought Val to get married before us." Tony said and I lifted my head, looking at Val's unamused face as he winked at me, kissing my forehead.

"I love you." He told me.

"I love you." I smiled.

5 Years Later-

"How?" He asked.

"Vasectomy's aren't completely 100%."

"But it's like 99%."

"Are you upset?" I asked.

"No. No I'm not babydoll. This isn't your fault." He rubbed his face, sweat dripping from him as he came straight from the stage.

"I'm nervous. Are we ready?"

"We're ready." He nodded.

I was anxious.

He came to me, hugging me.

"It's okay. I'll be here for every second and you know that. Don't worry." He tipped my chin up kissing me.

I let my forehead fall to his chest.

"How far along do you think you are?"

"I have no idea. I mean the past few weeks I've been feeling sick. So I'm unsure." I whispered.

He knelt down in front of me, pressing his face to my stomach.

I was a good aunt to Lena, Jess and Tony's baby. But god knows how I'd be as a mother. I'm scared I'll fail.

"You're okay. Don't worry too much. It's not good for our baby. What can I do?" He asked, looking up at me, hands on my stomach that wasn't even bloated yet.

"I don't know." I whispered.

"What's the worry?" He grabbed my hands, pulling me down and into his lap.

"I don't want to be a bad mom. I don't even have a mom to teach me. She was shit. I can't mess up." I frowned.

"Doll, you have unlimited compassion and so much grace. I've seen you with Lena, you have incredible maternal instincts and you won't be alone in this." He pushed my hair behind my ear.