Twenty-Four: Experience

Corvina Maxwell

I watched him on the TV, not his usual stoic self.

His knee was profusely bouncing, his eyes were glued to his wrist where he fidgeted with the hair tie I gave him this morning.

Harden looked distressed, studying him.

I worried for him.

"And Val you wanna talk about your new girl? Everyone's wondering about her." The man smiled and Val lifted his head, his face cold, his blue eyes burning into the man.

He quickly but loudly said my Instagram @ and people in the audience gasped.

He looked back down and was silent the rest of the interview.

He didn't talk all morning other than the beginning.

He was dead silent. When I said bye before he left he just kissed my forehead.

While he was gone I did the dishes, swept and did some light work.

Then I went into my "painting room" which was just a spare room I dedicated to art and messy things.

I looked at my pencil drawing so far.

Of his anxiety.

I had no way to depict both obsession and people hate in one.

So I went with my heart.

I scribbled his side profile on a canvas, using both memory and google to perfect the shading and everything, placing the look of disconnect in his eyes, with his mind blank currently.

This was a concept that took me four hours to complete but once it was done, it had been worth it.

I'd do the mind bubble later.

He called me and I answered.

"I knocked but you're not answering."

I walked downstairs to my door and unlocked it.

He came in with a bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

His face was stone, his hands now in his pockets.

"Sorry I didn't answer." I put them in a vase and he wasn't responsive to anything I was currently saying.

I walked to my room to quickly place the flowers on my nightstand.

I came back and he had me pinned under his gaze.

I froze.

He squatted down, tapping a ring on the floor once.

When he knew he had my attention he tapped twice and tapped the floor with his index finger.

"Crawl?" I whispered.

"Crawl to me." He nodded.

So I did, I got down on all fours and slowly made my way to him as he asked me to.

When I was in front of him, he tipped my chin up with his finger and kissed me so delicately.

"I think you'll hate me after a while." He whispered.

"Why?"

"Cause I can't seem to leave you without having a panic attack." He answered and I frowned.

"Why is that?"

"I need you. Like I need air. You- you don't understand the way I feel about you. The way I think, how I look at things, it all revolves around you. I need you. I need to see you, hear you, feel you, taste you, smell you. I'm a fucking psycho away from you. You're my only tie to sanity, Vina." He looked so frustrated.