| part 11 |

It's the day of Snows execution

"Silvy" I breathe out in shock.

"Hello, Aurora." She pulls me into a tight hug as if nothing has occurred since our last meeting, on the day of the Quarter Quell.

"Well, it looks like we've got another big day ahead of us. So why don't you start your prep and I'll just pop over and check on the arrangements."

"Okay," I say to her. Once again Silvy has to dress me while pregnant. 2 out of the 3 times of her dressing me I've been pregnant. Yes, I did get the confirmation I was pregnant after I seemed to have forgotten. It seems as though I get pregnant and then nearly die, yet the baby is fine.

Once Silvy has dressed me in a beautiful suit-like dress. The only scaring visible is on my left arm, the burn travelling all the way down to my hand. Silvy places a black mocking jay pin on the lapel of my blazer to symbolise my part in the rebellion. Clearly fighting and nearly dying in the rebellion wasn't enough they had to stick a pin to prove it.

"Let's take this off shall we" she says undoing my medical bracelet. It appears my stylist of many years has decided I'm not mentally disoriented.

I can't believe how beautiful she has made me look. She managed to turn the crazy girl from district 4 into a beautiful woman. "Can I come in?" I hear Finnick say knocking on the door.

"My job here is done, I'll leave you go in peace" I pull her in for one last hug. "Thank you" I say for the final time.

"You look beautiful" Finnick compliments me as I watch in the mirror as he wraps his arms around my waist placing his head on my shoulder.

"I guesss you don't look to bad either, fish face"

"That's the Aurora, I know" he says smiling at me as I seem more myself.

"Avanna is staying with the kids as she didn't want to attend the execution" he informs me, I don't know where we would be without Avy.

"She's finally repaying us for looking after her" I laugh slightly.

"Common, our presence is requested for a meeting " he says gently grabbing my right hand as we make our way down the mansions hall. I hate it here, I'm just reminded of Snow.

I was expecting some sort of meeting to brief us on the execution. Instead, I find myself sent into a room where five people sit around a table. Peeta, Johanna, Beetee, Haymitch, and Enobaria.

"What's this?" I hear Katniss say from behind me and Finnick.

"We're not sure," Haymitch answers. "It appears to be a gathering of the remaining victors."

"We're all that's left?" I ask.

"The price of celebrity," says Beetee. "We were targeted from both sides. The Capitol killed the victors they suspected of being rebels. The rebels killed those thought to be allied with the Capitol."