| part 3 |

| Finnick |

The citizens of 13 live almost exclusively underground. You can go outside for exercise and sunlight but only at very specific times in your schedule. You can't miss your schedule. Every morning, you're supposed to stick your right arm in this weird contraption in the wall. It tattoos the smooth inside of your forearm with your schedule for the day in a sickly purple ink. 7:00-Breakfast. 7:30-Kitchen Duties. 8:30-Education Center, Room 17. And so on. The ink is indelible until 22:00-Bathing. The lights-out at 22:30 signals that everyone not on the night shift should be in bed.

At first, when I was so ill in the hospital, I could forgo being imprinted. But once I moved into a Compartment with Avanna and Caspian, I was expected to get with the program. It was dinner time and more people than usual were gathered at a television screen at the far end of the room that airs the Capitol broadcast around the clock. I reluctantly move forward, trying to imagine how it could be of interest to me. It's always the same. War footage. Propaganda. Replaying the bombings of District 12. An ominous message from President Snow.

So it's almost entertaining to see Caesar Flickerman, the eternal host of the Hunger Games, with his painted face and sparkly suit, preparing to give an interview. Until the camera pulls back and I see that his guest is Peeta and Aurora.

 Until the camera pulls back and I see that his guest is Peeta and Aurora

I gasp in shock with tears pooling in my eyes

I gasp in shock with tears pooling in my eyes. She's alive.
"Mummy" Caspian shouts from on top of my shoulders. Caesar settles himself more comfortably in the chair across from Peeta and Aurora.
"So...Peeta, Aurora...welcome back."

Peeta smiles slightly. "I bet you thought you'd done your last interview with me, Caesar."

"I confess, I did," says Caesar. "The night before the Quarter Quell...well, who ever thought we'd see you both again?"

Aurora looks up too him giving him a small sad smile. What have they done to her? She looks so pale and fragile.

"It wasn't part of my plan, that's for sure," says Peeta with a frown.

Caesar leans in to Peeta a little. "I think it was clear to all of us what your plan was. To sacrifice yourself in the arena so that Katniss Everdeen could survive"