| part 1 |

The sound of crashing waves was something that usually kept my mind at piece. But not now. Not after snows speech. The sun was beginning to set, painting the sky in pastel colours. I could sit here all day. I didn't want to go back. Reality was too painful to face. I wish I could just stay here and never go back. Everything was so good, we were generally happy. But now everything we built up is being torn back down. 'Win the games and live the life of a victor and never have to do it again'. What a load of bullshit. Years of piece and happiness and they decide to throw us back into the games. I can't do this. Not again.
I can't leave my son.

Snows words keep replaying through my head.
'The male and female tributes will be reaped from the existing pool of victors'.
He has truly taken everything from us. Casper. Thalia. Now he's taking me and Finnick  away from our son and throwing us back into the games. We were supposed to be done with his games. This shouldn't be happening.

I sense someone behind me and turn around to be met with Avanna's teary eyes.

"Come here" I say softly, opening my arms for her.

"It's ok" I stroke her hair as her tears soak into my sweater.

"Your going to die" she cries out.

"Hey, hey look at me" I place my hands either side of her face making her look at me.
"You still have Mags, Cas and Mom. I promise you I will always be here with you. Dead or alive, I'll be here. Just look up to the sky and I'll be smiling down upon you" I tell her, appearing strong although the dried tears on my face suggest otherwise.

"I don't want you to go" she pulls me into a tight hug.

"I know, I don't want to either. Remember I will always love you. Don't forget that" I remind her knowing I might not be around for much longer.

"I won't" she sniffs, wiping away her tears.

"Good, let's go back" I get up off the sand and stick my hand out to help her up. I wrap my arm around her shoulder as we walk back towards reality.

"Where is Finnick?" I ask Mags as we walk through the front door.

'With Caspian' Mags signed with a glum look on her face.

I slowly creep up the stairs being careful not to wake Caspian. I go to his room and lean against the doorway admiring my two favourite boys, bringing a small smile to my face. Finnick was sitting on the chair in the corner of the room watching Caspian as he slept. Soaking in every last moment before we're ripped away from him.

"You can't stay in here forever, you know" I speak after a few moments

"How are we going to do this? How can we just leave? Knowing we will never see him again" Tears form in both of our eyes at the thought of leaving our little boy behind.

Fuck Snow, all he does is ruin people's happiness.

"We have no choice" I walk over to Finnick wrapping my arms around him pulling him into a hug. "Common, let's head to bed"