•2

"Bhai I swear if you don't show up at the event today, I am gonna beat you. Don't you know how lonely bhabhi can get without you? Yet you don't try to come for her sake and attend her proud moments with her?" Dhara Mahajan, Kartik's younger sister and only family left, said to him via phone call.

Today, Anushka was getting the best perform of the year award for her best performance over the year. And she wanted nothing more than him to be present when she recieves it. She wanted to dedicate the award to him on mike. She always does that. But he's never there to witness it.

"You know it already Ara, I am not free. Please you go with her. I know she'll understand." He said from the other hand.

It's always the same.

Either she'll understand or I'll try.

But in reality, he never does try. And somehow Dhara knows it.

She just fears. Fears that it shouldn't be what she thinks it was. He is not like that, but we can never tell.

"Bhai...why always? Aap normally bhi aajkal zyada nahi rehte ghar par. At least bhabhi ke liye aaj hall mey to aa jao." She pleaded her brother for her bhabhi.

She loves her bhabhi. And vice versa. But she can also see her bhaiya and bhabhi being drifted apart.

"Dhara. Shut up and go do your studies or whatever. I am not free now and I am not going to accompany you both till Monday. I am going to a trip to Singapore. Let Anushka know that too." He said and hung up.

While Dhara just starred at the phone flabbergasted.

Monday? Is he serious?

It's Wednesday today. For five days without informing prior?

She was raging at her brother.

But little did she know, due to her phone being on speaker, someone else heard their conversation too.