•1

"Manny, this is gonna be the last time I'll ask you. Are you coming to the campus with me or not?" A highly irritated Annika asked to her best friend Monika a.k.a. Manny for the nth time.

"No yarr. I am not coming and that's final. I mean, on this humid day, I am not mad to go out in full afternoon. That too with someone like you. So no." Answered Manny with finality in her voice.

"Fine than. I'll go alone." Declared Annika.

"Bring a pack of chocobakes and Uncle chips while coming back home." Said Manny while her eyes rested on the movie playing on the TV in front of her.

"Shut up." Saying this Annika got out of the house.

Annika Kumar. An extremely talented singer and a university student. She lives at the university dormitory but since they got some vacations of four days due to elections, she was at her home.

From tomorrow their college will re open and she needs ID card to enter. The same ID card which she lost at University four days back.

In short she'll be doomed if she don't get it back today!

So now, she's on her way to the university without her good for nothing bestfriend.

"Thank you papa. I'll be back soon." She kissed her father's cheeks and ran inside the campus towards the dean's office.

Monika told her that one of their teacher, who is Monika's maternal aunt, found her ID card. And that she had submitted it to the dean. So now Annika was on her way to get her ID card from the dean's cabin.

Well...pursuing the dean took longer than she thought. The dean isn't exactly a grumpy or annoying man, but a strict retired professor in his early sixties. So it was nonthless tough to deal with him.

"Thank you sir. I'll take care not to lose anything in future." She said and bowed in respect to the dean. Who gave her a look and said her off.

She left the cabin and heaved a sigh of relief.

Baal baal bachi. Pakka fasti Aaj toh. Direct rusticate hi hoti.
(Saved by a point. I was about to get doomed today. Would have been rusticated directly.)

As she thought to herself and made her way out towards the main gate of the campus, she saw how hard the sun was.

It was indeed a humid day as Monika said earlier.

She then remembered that Manny has asked her to bring chocobakes and uncle chips for her.

But since she didn't came to accompany her to the dean, she decided against it.

Main uske liye kaddu le jaungi aur mummy ko bolke uske liye banwaungi. No matter she's studying at a top university or that she's a top singer of her locality, Annika was petty just like that.
(I'll bring pumpkin for her and tell mom to make it for her.)

Making up her mind, she went further and as she stepped down from the last stair, she fell over someone.

"Ouch."
"Off."
Both of them said simultaneously.

After a few seconds, Annika looked up to see she was above a guy.

Embarrassing. She thought.

And as she got up, she saw how mesmerizingly handsome the guy is.

How come I never saw him in this University before? Is he new? He don't look like a fresher but.

"You should see where you're going." Her trance was broken as the guy spoke while dusting his jacket.

"Uhh..yea right. I'm sorry." She apologized and he looked up with a snap, as if he was surprised. It made Annika confused but he was quite to cover his expressions.

"It's okay." He now said in a softer tone and made his way up the stairs.

While Annika looked at his retreating figure until her father called her from across the road.

"Coming." She told her papa and made her way towards the main gate, all while her mind roamed around the very filmy and confusing event on the stairs.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜