-28-

•[I Promise]•

His lungs burned, his thighs ached and he felt like he was about to pass out at any given time. But he didn't care about that, he kept pushing. He kept running, and running and running until he got to her house.

Kuroo was right there, foot foot behind the extremely worried teen. Kenma stopped and exhaled heavily. His heart is beating in his ears and he's exhausted.

He should've been more active with running drills and other stuff.

"Y/N?!" He shouts, banging on the door. Kuroo came to a halt, resting his hands on his knees as he caught his breath. Even he's tired, despite being the more athletic one than Kenma.

"Y/N?! Y/N! I-it's me!" He shouts. Kenma kept pounding and pounding but got no answer. He stopped and punched the door. He dropped to the floor and exhaled heavily as he finally to catch himself a breath.

Kenma wiped sweat from his forehead and swallowed hard. He brushed his hair back and fished for his phone.

With shaky fingers he called her again. But it only rang and rang and rang.

He closed his eyes. "Come on Y/N. Please pick up." No answer. He called again, and again and again, but no answer.

He set his phone against his forehead and forced his tears back. Seeing her hurt herself was a terrible sight to see. He thought she was okay to some extent, but she was far from it.

Kuroo walked up to the door and Kenma gazed up. "The door is open." He says. Kenma wiped his nose, looking at the door. Kuroo turned the knob, pushing the door open.

It creaked and opened all the way. "See if she's there. It's obvious that her mother isn't here."

Kenma stood to his feet and gulped. Kuroo gave his friend a look and nodded.

"Make sure she's okay, she needs you."

Kenma looked inside and swallowed. He stepped on the other side, not caring to take his shoes off. He's only been as far as her living room, but he want to make sure she's okay.

Kenma's walking turned to a jog and then a full on sprint upstairs.

"Y/N?!" He checked the first door to his left but it was a regular looking room. He knew it wasn't her room since he saw LED lights. Kenma walked out and gazed to the right.

Kenma wiped his forehead and opened that door. Lo and behold, her room.

The first thing his eyes met was her setup, making it all the more true about her being the infamous Player2. He didn't care about that though, what he cares about is her.

Kenma walked further in, jis heart still thumping in his ears. His fingers twitched and his eyes examined the cozy room.

He nearly tripped over something and glanced down, noticing the same hammer she used to break her hand with.

Kenma took a knee, examining the item. There's blood on it and it smelled. Kenma covered his mouth to stop himself from puking.

He stood to his feet, inching over to the bathroom door. Kenma noted the water coming from underneath the door and frowned. The water traveled from under the door and into her rug that soaked it up.