XXX

I've been at the hospital for longer than I had hoped to be.

Something inside of me just wouldn't let me leave him in here all by himself.

I loved him too much to do that. And, what if he had woken up? I needed to be the first person there when he did. Besides, being in here wasn't that bad.

The only thing that I hated was the fact that doctors kept coming in and out of the room with useless information that wasn't at all relevant to him waking up any time soon.

It was at times like this that a nigga contemplated going into politics to fix the healthcare system. Or, at least do something that could potentially help people like KyRon.

How the fuck did coma's even work, anyways? Like, what the hell happens to the brain when you're just asleep like that?

That was a question I had been asking myself for the last few days, because apparently doctors couldn't really answer those sorts of questions.

Or, at least Ky's doctors weren't. I didn't think they liked me too much, considering the fact that I'd called each and every one that had come in here either a bitch or a cunt to their face for being so vague with me. 

Despite my outbursts, however, there had been one good thing that came out of this ordeal.

For starters, the crew had started to front more cocaine because, surprisingly, we'd started to get more buyers coming in from all sorts of different places. Some nigga in Detroit had been hitting us up for larger quantities, and word on the street was that our product was making waves. It was a twisted silver lining to a situation that should have never happened.

How business was going so good when I quite literally hadn't been doing anything was beyond me. When Ky wakes up, I told myself that I'd give all the credit to Clutch. Yeah, he gave me the final say in everything we'd done since KyRon got shot, but all of the ideas were his.

Clutch was a real ride or die friend. I would definitely make sure he got his fair share of this new life we were about to live.

As I paced the hospital room, the beeping machines and sterile scent started to make me nervous, so I decided to step outside and walk around for a bit.

One thing, amongst many others, that I didn't know about Clutch was that he made a mean batch of brownies, and when I say brownies, I don't mean brownies, I mean brownies, if you get what I mean.

They definitely got you there faster than the shit I would smoke from time to time, and i most certainly needed to get high right now. In the midst of me eating half of the brownie, my phone started to ring.

I answered the call, trying to keep my voice steady despite —well— everything.

"Hello," I said with a loud sigh.

"Wassup, Son," a raspy voice sang through the speaker.

My heart immediately started to pound like it was about to burst out of my chest. Just hearing his voice made me a different type of angry. The things that I wanted to do to him were unspeakable, and inhumane, but I was way past caring about my humanity at this point.

I had been fucked over by one-too-many people at this point to bring myself to care.

"How the fuck did you get my number?" I asked, voice shaky.

"That doesn't really matter," he said before letting out a cough. "We need to talk, you and me, face-to-face."

"Are you stupid?" I asked, laughing. "If I ever see you face-to-face, it's gone be with my nigga gun pointed at your head."