XVIII

"Where are we going?" I said to nobody in particular.

The one who answered me was LB. "A warehouse," he said. His voice sounded serious, but he didn't show any of that seriousness on his face.

He was just looking straight ahead with a blank stare that only made me even more nervous.

I didn't wanna make them mad by asking them all the questions that was running through my head so I just sat back in my seat and stayed quiet.

My body was shaking with fear. I had just killed somebody...and I didn't even hesitate.

His body jerking backwards kept replaying in my mind...and how he just didn't move after that. It was so easy to end somebody's life, and I had did just that.

The car swerving out of the way to get in front of a truck knocked me out of my daydream.

"Can y'all slow the fuck down?" I said in a shaky voice.

Clutch only sped the car up. He said, "We tryna get you to Ky as quick as possible." I bit back arguing with him and just closed my eyes.

I felt like bawling my eyes out but I knew I couldn't do that in front of them.

To think that Cig had tried to get somebody to kill me was beyond me. I knew he was cold, but I ain't know he was gone be that fucking cold.

Now, all I could think about was what we were gonna do to retaliate. The first thing that I thought about was hitting Tally ass.

I knew it was fucked up—that used to be my bitch—but she made it loud and clear who side she was on and so did I.

We wasn't friends no more.

Just thinking about her got me heated.

I was mad.

Naw, I was livid, and I ain't even use words like that.

"Did KyRon tell y'all what the plan is?" I asked them expectantly.

At the sound of my voice, both of them hesitated.

"Bro, tell me," I urged. "Now."

LB listened. "He want a whole crew to take you to Miami for a few days...maybe even weeks. It's not up for debate."

I just nodded my head. After what happened, I wasn't even mad that he was sending me away again. Shit, I wanted to leave.

"So he not coming then?"

Clutch just shook his head.

I let out a sigh.

"You ain't gotta worry though," he told me, almost sympathetic. "We gotchu, and everybody that's riding wit' Ky. You one of us now. Shit, you already done got yo' first body. You in this shit now."

I looked at LB who was nodding his head at every word Clutch had said.

"We riding wit' you," LB finalized.

At that point, we had already been pulling into a empty parking lot that looked like the one me and Tally met Nicolas at that one time.

There were about four trucks in the lot. KyRon got out of the one that was the biggest. When the car stopped I didn't waste any time jumping out and running over to hug him.

He wrapped his arms around me like we hadn't seen each other in years. It felt too good to just lean into him. Even though it had only been about three days, I missed the hell out of him.

"You okay?" He asked me. He looked me up and down. Then, his eyes just stayed on my face. "That nigga hit you!"

"I'm good," I told him calmly. Then, I looked at all of the people that were around us.