XIII

"Shoot," Kyron said calmly from behind me.

I hesitated, and that's when I heard Kyron smacking his lips at me. I turned around and scrunched up my face in anger. This wasn't exactly an easy thing to do.

"If this shit was real life yo ass would've been dead. You can't hesitate ever," he told me seriously.

I bit back the urge to curse him out, cause even though I didn't like to admit it, he was right.

"It's too heavy—," I was starting to say but he cut me off when he said, "Man that shit not heavy you just scared! I understand, but if you finna be in this life then you gotta be in it."

When he said that, something inside of me clicked and I just pulled the trigger.

"Do it again, but this time look at where you shooting at," he told me.

I shrugged my shoulders to try to stop them from falling asleep and did as I was told. I pulled the trigger more than once this time.

That's when Kyron started to laugh. "You gone be cold as hell in da' streets!"

I ain't like how excited he was. Shit, I didn't like this whole situation at all. Even the thought of having to shoot somebody gave me the damn ick.

I don't know how he was able to do it so easily—like it was just an everyday thing that people did.

Kyron must've noticed that my body was shaking cause he grabbed me by the waist and turned me around to look at him. "You gone be good, okay? We gone be good."

"And I want you to keep this with you at all times. Don't even leave 'yo fucking room without it. You can't trust nobody in that house."

Something inside of me trusted him. Maybe that wasn't a good thing, but all I knew was that I wanted to stick with him...even if my life could be in danger around him.

└──────┘

It didn't take long for the day to come when I was driving over an hour to an abandoned spot with Tally to meet with one of Cig's buyers.

Tally had told me that the group was Italian. She claimed that they were cool and nothing ever really happened.

I was still nervous as hell. I took Kyron's advice and decided to bring my gun with me just in case something popped off.

Tally didn't seem like she was nervous but I knew she could tell that I was.

"I already told you that they won't be on nothing for real," she had said.

"Mhm," I answered, trying not to lose my cool. We pulled up to this little warehouse that was basically in the middle of nowhere.

It wasn't shit around us but a few trees and bushes. I didn't even know where the hell we were. I saw a truck parked right outside of the warehouse and I felt my heartbeat start to pick up.

Tally nudged me from the driver's seat and gave me a reassuring grin, but nothing she could do would calm me down.

If I was gone help Kyron grow in this business and get my lick back from Cig, then I needed to stop being so scary around shit like this.