forty one

I shushed her immediately scared someone would hear her "Shut the hell up."

"Melody I mean- it would make sense, are you uh trying?" Isa awkwardly asked.

"No and we use protection Isa jesus who do you think I am? I think it's the meds." I admitted to her.

"Only in the mornings that's majority coincidental melody, should we grab a pregnancy test on the way back or?" Isa asked me referencing to the shops around us as we reached the hotel.

"no," I sighed "We're going to go straight to my room and I'm going to call my doctor and then we're going to discuss this contract issue."

"Leave me in suspense then." Isa joked as we headed into my room, it was probably the cleanest hotel room Charles and I had shared the whole season.

As I got into a comfier outfit which consisted of a hoodie and joggers I grabbed my phone and rang my doctor who picked up instantly.

"Hi this is Monaco doctor-

"It's melody verstappen." I told my doctor Léa as she went through the typical greeting all doctors had to say as you called them.

"Oh melody! I was just about to call actually and ask how the medication has been treating you? Any side effects or symptoms." She got straight into it, I had her on loud speaker as well for Isa to hear.

"Yes that's what I'm calling about, for the first month or so I felt absolutely amazing honestly the best i'd felt in probably a year. Now though I'm being sick like every day and I just feel so nauseous, I had an orange in Italy a few weeks ago and I actually thought I was going to puke." I rambled down the phone and Isa held up her hands in a thumbs up motion.

"Right okay, I always expect some sort of symptom when I first diagnose the medication because the doses for people are very different for every person so definitely come down and we can do some more tests and I'll change your dose for you." She gleefully said down the phone.

"Okay- that's simple when can I come and see you?" I asked her.

"October 8th? Half two ish? That's my next availability, it may be a long appointment though because we need to make sure these side effects aren't as a result of anything else. I don't want to change your dose until I'm confident that you're I'll due to the medication and not something else." She spoke quickly and  medically, always sounding so professional.

I mouthed over to Isa "Anything happening on October 8th?"

"Qatar!" She mouthed back.

"Léa I'm actually supposed to be in Qatar that date for Charles' race, what's the next date you have free after that?" I asked praying for more availability.

"I'm afraid after then I don't have availability until 2024 and I'd really rather not risk getting your medication wrong for that long." She muttered as I heard her flicking through papers as she spoke.

"Can you speak to my manager for a moment?" I asked my doctor as I passed Isa the phone.

"Hello I'm Isa, melody's manager, I really need Mel to go and see you but the chance of it happening on October 8th are really low are you sure you can't do any before then?" Isa paused and mouthed sorry to me "She thinks she may be pregnant."

"Isa!" I exclaimed.

"Oh then I absolutely insist you come down on the 8th October and I will check everything out for her as efficiently as possible. I don't have any free dates before then I apologise." Doctor léa states.

"Okay I'll come down." I loudly spoke hoping that my doctor could hear me, thankfully she did and my appointment was now booked.

"Well then melody, what are you going to tell Charles?" Isa asked passing me back my phone.

"About Monaco?"

"Yeah, think he'll be upset about you not attending the Grand Prix in Qatar?" She asked me truthfully.

"Yeah he will be, but I'm just going to be honest and say I need to see the doctor for tests." I shrugged and she nodded pulling the printed copy of the contract out.

"And the contract situation?" Isa wearily asked looking through it again.

I sighed holding my hands together "I don't know, it's just disgraceful. I've known Stefano since I was a teenager he knew me as a child? And he and another man are trying to sexualise me for formula one attention? It's ridiculous."

"It is beyond disgraceful."

"I can pull out of it though surely people have done that before?" I wondered aloud.

"You can pull out and I think that's the best option in the situation, but if you do pull out then you need to be prepared to bear the costs as you will be breaching the terms of the contract." Isa explained.

"The 3 business days to cancel contract rule is also known as the "cooling-off period" rule. It can be used in some situations but not all. State and federal laws provide some options for consumers who change their mind shortly after purchasing certain items. This may apply to this contact so I'm going to call a solicitor tomorrow and we'll go from there but I can't promise this situation won't get leaked." Isa furthered.

"Isa I signed it what like 20 days ago??"

"Yeah but they only sent it to me yesterday and it was so damn thick It took me this long to read it all." She replied instantly.

"You are angel." I told her as I hugged her close to me, almost suffocating her on accident.

"I wouldn't do that far but I'll see what I can do, no promises." She defended but I didn't even care, we may be able to blow this whole contact thing off.

"Best manager ever, best best friend ever." I told her and she shook her head.

"Anything for my pregnant friend." She joked but I couldn't stop thinking about it, what am I going to do if I'm pregnant?