Chapter 12: Fuel to fire

♦ ♢ ♦ Kaitlyn ♦ ♢ ♦

We walk into the Principal's office. And Connor and Dexter, fuck's sake, are already there, sitting.

"Speak of the-" Connor starts.

"Devil?" Xavier finishes as he comes in behind me. A soft smile on his face, full of violence.

I suppress the urge to shudder at how much restrain his tense muscles show, like he wants to punch the shit out of something.

Or someone.

I've seen him get into fights with seniors when he was a sophomore. And when he was in junior year as well. So I know that he can hit. Hard. And be calculated, like he's a professional boxer.

So it explains why he hasn't gotten into a fight in senior year so far. Everyone knows what he's capable of. But from the look on his face, he's about to fuck Connor or Dexter up.

"Ms Sharpe," our Principal unbuttons his suit with one hand.

"Mr Ballinger," I address.

Yup. I slapped a student in front of the principal's wife. Multiple times.

"I've heard of what happened in your Biology lesson this morning," he starts. "And we must address that you shouldn't get into physical harassment of another student here at Oak Ridge High."

"And that's what you told Connor as well, right? Considering he harassed me in the middle of the class first," I say, anger bubbling through me.

"I did no such thing," Connor sneers. "This was an attention stunt, Mr Ballinger. Ask Dexter, he'll tell you of all the attention seeking things Kaitlyn has pulled in the past."

"You ever get tired of lying, Stilton?" I cock my head. "Because last time I checked, you lied to my face about where Dexter had been all the time. Clearly, your statement cannot hold any merit, considering Dexter wasn't in fact running errands, he was running to our sweet old Talia and cheating on me," I growl.

Dexter growls, and I glare so hard, I think a vein might pop in my head. This motherfucker has the audacity to try and deny cheating accusations when I saw him.

"Ms Sharpe," the principal cuts in. "I don't have any interest in your personal conflicts. I'm here to address the physical-"

"Assault?" I seethe. "Because your good old football defender put his hands where they weren't supposed to be, Mr Ballinger. On me."

"And we all know I'm the only one allowed to do that now," Xavier says smugly, coming to hug me from behind.

Talk about adding fuel to fire.

Dexter clenched his jaw so hard, he starts to shake.

"Look at him," Xavier whispers.

I restrain a small smile as I turn to our principal again. "Mr Ballinger, kindly speak to Connor about personal boundaries, because I didn't condone his hand on my person," I talk diplomatically. For added pettiness, obviously. "And if he continues to not listen to my warning, please also understand my intentions when his male parts are separated off of him, too."

Xavier chuckles low, and Connor is red from anger and humiliation.

"We done here, Robert?" Xavier asks.