Chapter 3: A Proposal

♦ ♢ ♦ Kaitlyn  ♦ ♢ ♦

I've been miserable. I hate to admit it but it's true. I haven't talked to anyone in three days.

It's Saturday, and I've been eating my feelings out. Or not eating at all because I've gotten sick from thinking of my mom or Dexter cheating.

I haven't even turned my phone on since Tuesday night.

Dad's been the only one consoling me. I swear, I love that man. God knows why mom never did. If I'd had such a loyal husband, someone who cares for me as dad cared for mom... I'd be skipping around happily, never letting him go. But that's not how others function I guess.

But maybe there are reasons why both of them haven't elaborated on the affair thing?

I don't know anymore.

I've overthunk so much, it feels like my brain will explode.

So I go to the best distraction possible. My phone. My broken, beaten heart beats like a maniac as my screen comes to life.

And then my phone explodes with texts and videos. The entire fucking school has sent me something.

I'll admit, skipping school for three days isn't a good idea, but can you imagine focusing on trigonometry when your entire body feels saggy and defeated?

I wasted four years of my life with someone who couldn't wait for me.

Oh my god.

This surges another wave of tears as I look at the videos of Talia and Dexter passing through the halls, hand in hand.

Like we used to.

Wait...

I go to the school's gossip Instagram page, and I resist the urge to puke.

Who knew Kaitlyn Sharpe was so easy to get over? Laughing emoji.

They are dating?

. . .

They. Are. Dating!?

And here I am, being so fucking sad about this, like my life is over while those fuckers are smiling at each other like cashmere cats.

Oh.

No.

They don't get to walk over my reputation.

These fuckheads have seen the good side of me all this time. But the bad side calls, and it's been calling for a long, long time.

It's time to show them who Kaitlyn Louise Sharpe really is.

♦ ♢ ♦ Xavier  ♦ ♢ ♦

I've been minding my business, a first for me.

Kaitlyn is not even here. She skipped school for three whole days and now look, the whole damn school has turned upside down with their drama.

Not that I care. My life is smooth sailing as fuck. And I feel like getting fucked up tonight.

It's Saturday evening and we go to a house for a party.

"Hey, Collin!" Carter yells for the freshman we just spotted. He jogs over to us. "Can you do me a favor, kid?" He nods. "Go ask that girl to come to me."

"You're a fucker," I laugh. "Who talks about women like that?"

"You're one to talk," he smirks.

"You two are disturbing. You're not going to that girl, Collin," Luna frowns. It makes me feel a little bit bad for upsetting her.