Chapter 9: Cat fight

♦ ♢ ♦ Kaitlyn ♦ ♢ ♦

It's Thursday. And it feels like it's been two years already.

How the fuck did my life blow up like this?

I come to school and am greeted by Molly batting her eyelashes at Xavier. This fucking bitch is making my life more difficult.

I glare at her as I make my way over, watching her sneer. "You again," she spits.

"I can say the same thing," I hiss, because I swear, if she's going to interfere in my plan, I'm throwing hands.

"Xavier," she says. "Ask her to leave."

He raises his brow. His perfect face amused. "And why would I do that?"

"Because she's trash?"

"I'll show you who's trash if you don't leave my man alone," I clench my jaw.

Yes.

I said it.

People gasp around but I don't give a fuck.

"Your man?" Molly looks at me like I've grown another head.

"You have hearing problems?" I bat my eyes. "Yes. My fucking man. You better back the fuck off."

"Like hell I will," Molly rages. "He's mine. And your sorry ass can't handle someone like him, you Barbie doll."

"This Barbie can rip you apart if you test her," I grit out. "Xavier," I narrow my eyes at him.

The idiot is smiling!

I indicate with my eyes at Molly. His smile widens. "I like a good cat fight, Sharpie. Earn my attention," he says like the egomaniac he is.

"Fucking misogynistic asshole," I say under my breath. "Get lost," I say to Molly.

"Not so easy," she smiles. "You want me to earn your attention, Xavier?" She bites lip suggestively. "I'll do it. Dancing," she looks at me with a sneer. "Your ass can't do it, right?"

I scoff, crossing my arms. "What makes you say that?"

She shrugs. "Fine then, if you're so confident, I challenge you to a dance battle. Whoever wins, gets Xavier for the night."

This girl is pathetic. She's fighting for his attention for one night??

What the fuck is this shit?

"Fine," I shrug. "Bring it on," Bitch.

♦ ♢ ♦

Somehow, the whole damn school heard about this thing.

Fuck's sake.

Everyone is here... in the basketball court where the cheer practice happens.

"Are you sure about this?" Luna asks me. "This is a lot of people. God, I want to slap Xavier for putting you here."

I shrug. "It's fine. I'll show that bitch who's boss."

Even though I stopped dancing for the school, like Dexter asked me to, because too many boys looked at me, I still continued on my own all these years.

Dancing is a song in my blood. Once I hear music, I flow like a river, rapid and focused. It's like my body has a mind of its own, when I dance.