Chapter 24: Hazel!

Hazel pursed her lips, clenching her fist into a tight ball. Trying as she might, she could not contain herself. Within seconds, she erupted like a volcano, zipping her luggage. Hazel dragged her boxes out of the room and I rushed to her at once. Begging her not to.

“Mum, mum! Look.”

“ Please don’t leave...”

“Get your freaking hands off me! She stormed at me with gritted teeth.” Look, I don’t want to be the first girl to hit her mum." She shook her fist as if to hit me.

“Uh?” I made a face, swallowing hard on my saliva. Her usual delicate eyes darkened at me with hatred and she crossed her arm, stopping to hear me out.

“It’s like she did not want me to know at all!”

“No, Hazel... It’s not like that. I wanted to tell you. I planned to tell you when next you spent the night at home. I love Adam and it’s true!”

“I don’t care! All you think about is you and yourself alone. You’re such a selfish woman! A lifetime of friendship has broken because of your waywardness!” She roared.

“Are you talking to me?... It’s me, Hazel. Your mother and best friend.”

“Yes, and I’m leaving! Don’t bother looking for me anymore because I hate you! I hate you with all of me and I can’t believe a mother would do this to her own child. How long have you two been together?

Two months. Just two months.

Well, it doesn’t seem like it. The point is, you snatched Alice's boyfriend from her. No wonder he ignored her... Not knowing it was you behind it all.

“I didn’t know they were in a relationship, I swear! I did not know. Adam told me he was her ex. I just love Adam for who he is. And you, of all people, should be happy for me!”

“Really? And you believed him without out asking me. You choose a stranger over your pen, daughter? I don’t think you need me, because me of all people was the last to know about your relationship with Adam! Was he the one you brought home the other day?”

My eyes darted to her dedicated pupils, and I nodded in agreement.

“I don’t even know you again, mother? Like... Are you even my mother?”

Her question echoed in my mind, making me dumbfounded. ‘Why would she even ask me that?’ I maintained eye contact with her, and she nodded quickly.

“Sure you aren’t!” Her eyes rolled at me and a grave silence seeped in. Only my grieving gasp lingered in the air.

“Just forget you once had a daughter, Mrs Beckett! You’re pathetic!” Hazel stamped her feet and hurried out.

My shaky voice halted in disbelief. Both of my hands folded the front of my shirt, as I trembled and cried. My tears could fill a cup. I feel miserable. No, I am miserable. Daniel would never forgive me if something happens to our daughter. I wonder why I didn’t tell her earlier. I wouldn’t forgive myself if she gets hurt, then she already is. I am such a fool. Blinded by love. What if this affects her studies... What if?

I covered my face with both hands. ‘why would destiny be this cruel? Why me? How do I ever give someone the power to fuck me up this bad?’ I closed my eyes like my life hurts as hell. It’s a harsh world, yeah, I know, but it gets tougher. My body curled into a foetal position, trembling with painful sobs, whooping out of my lungs.

“Uh!” Felix hissed at Roman. “You really messed up. Do you repeat the same thing you did to my ex, Suzan?!”

“I’m sorry guys, I didn’t know she would spill it out like that. Alice actually bribed me to do the job. I needed the money. I had no choice. Alice must have spilled out the truth out of anger. What a brat!” Roman Cursed coldly under his breath.

“Why would you discuss our personal and private issues with a lady? Don’t you know women can’t keep secrets? Now, our guy is upstairs, crying. All because of you and your greed for money. Adam, who had never shed tears even in elementary school, is choking on his own tears!”

“Hazel might have said too much to Mrs. Beckett.”

“I don’t give a damn about Alice and what she said, but you?”

“Forget all the story, Felix!” Noah rudely interrupted. “Roman, you’re leaving this house today.”

“What?” He turned to him, baffled.

“Yeah, it shouldn’t surprise you! I know you do drugs. In fact, we know you are a druggie and we aren’t comfortable with your lifestyle! We can no longer accommodate you here, Roman! Just pack up and leave!”