Chapter 16: An Unexpected Visitor

The door knob pushed and pull in a flash and I gasped up at once. It’s a good thing Adam locked the door after he entered.

‘Knock-Knock-Knock!!’

“What’s that... Whose there?” I breathed, pushing Adam up so he leaves. I can’t believe it settled Adam right now. It did not even move him.

“Get up!” I whispered, pushing him up with all the strength left in me, but he wouldn’t even move.

“There’s someone at the door. Leave!”

“What?” He replied, and I cupped his mouth.

“What are you so scared of?”

‘Knock-Knock-Knock!!!’

“Who’s that?”

“It’s me, mum!” I heard and my heart dropped at once.

“It’s Hazel... She shouldn’t know.”

Adam made very firm eye contact while I glared at him.

“Just hide in my restroom for a moment!” I demanded with serious, unblinking eyes.

‘Knock-Knock-Knock!!!’ The knocks came again. Louder and faster this time. She must be in a hurry.

“Give me a moment!” I yelled at her and turned back to Adam with pleading eyes.

“Are you saying we should keep this a secret?” Adam’s physical prowess cannot be denied. Although I wish I could deny him, if he ever makes a pass at me. His grey pupils danced as his eyes searched mine for immediate answers.

“I’ll answer your questions later, okay?” my hand grabbed his, pushing him to the bathroom. After lots of facial signals and quiet convincing, Adam hurried to my restroom.

Fortunately for me, I had my bathrobe on. It was a white towelled gown that hugged my body perfectly.

“Yeah, yes dear!” I fidget towards the thick, wooden door. Unlocking it, my hand shivered as if I had a cold. Of course, I felt it bitting through me, but I managed. Coughing and choking on my saliva before it finally opened. Finally.

“Mum!” Alice ran to me with a tight hug while Hazel followed from behind.

She always looks excited. I wonder why. With a flushed face, I swallowed down the hysteria welling inside of me, covering up with a fake smile. I can’t believe they’re here right now. The bed was really rough. Sometimes she and Hazel visits me unexpectedly like this but this is the most petrifying visit of all.

“Mum. Good afternoon.” Hazel greeted with a big smile.

Just then, I realized the way they dressed. Alice was in her yellow bra and g-string pant with a transparent knee-length jacket wrapped over her fair skin while Hazel dressed in a netty gown with her black undies exposed underneath it. Hazel hugged me and y brows pulled together, a little disgusted at the both of them.

“What happened? Why are you dressed like this? You girls are practically naked.” The complaint came out of me.

Oh, er... I and my friends went to Hudson beach. So, since it’s not so far from here, I checked on you.

“Hazel!” I quarried, a little swollen. “Couldn’t you change when you finished at the beach before coming?”

“It’s near to the house. While she tried explaining, I adjusted my ruffled looking hair. Jane and Blue is waiting downstairs, we need to leave before sunset. I just stopped to check on you!”

“Uh, you’re so unbelievable!” I exhaled in relief.

“Don’t worry. We won’t be stopping by the road. We’ll be heading straight to the hostel.” She promised.