Chapter 9: Hazel's Birthday Party

It took the girls almost half an hour to complete their make up. Blue was hesitant to put on her new dress. It was from the shopping Hazel did for them a week before. The dress was a purple short, wrap dress with transparent stones, embroidery on it. The purple platform shoe worn beneath the shirt dress was five-feet high. She stared at others, helping them with their dressing. Jane wore a light-pink dress of the same style and Alice wore a sky-blue short dress. The same designer made their outfits. Gazing at her reflecting over the mirror, Blue adjusted her sleekly black hair and fixed to her earlobes, a pair of diamond, dangling earrings. The girls were dressing and admiring themselves in the mirror when a knock on the door brought them into reality. It was Felix and Roman.

They came to pick the girls up for Hazel’s birthday party. It was already getting dark, though. It was 7:30 p.m, just thirty minutes before the party begins. Hazel spent the night at home with her mum, so her friends had to meet her at her mum’s appointment, which was the venue for the event. After a quick look in the full-length mirror, Alice, Jane and Blue stepped out of their apartment.

Seeing the girls, Felix and Roman gasped in surprise, which made the girls blushed, knowing how good looking they were.

“Come on, let’s go! Hazel is bombarding me with calls and texts.” Blue broke the silence.

“Yes. Let’s go.” The guys agreed with an uncertain smile, opening the car’s door for them.

“You girls are angels. It will blow everyone away. I hope they won’t miss you up for the celebrant, though.” Felix commented, taking the driver’s seat.

“Of course, they won’t. See Hazel first.” Jane said, to distract his attention.

“You girls are something else!” Felix nodded his head briefly, before starting the car engines.

The drive from morning heights, Manhattan to Westchester, was a 47 minutes’ drive. The mansion was located a few miles away from the edge of Scarsdale, which, from the looks of it, was a neighborhood for the rich. They drove past houses which could’ve graced the covers of architectural magazines.

One mansion, in particular, caught Alice’s attention.

Like the others, it had a specious lawn, pools and gardens. What made it unique was its horticultural artistry. The building had incredibly tall doors and the properties surrounding trees and bushes were meticulously shaped into unique figures worthy to be displayed in tourist centers. Alice had a feeling that it was for a popular celebrity.

The car stopped in front of an enormous door, like the gate of Buckingham. They lined the place with bodyguards in black suits, ties and shades. Several more men loitered throughout the place. Noah rolled down the car’s window to talk to one of them. Finally, the gate was opened and Felix swerved his car, halting at the parking lot. The place was quiet, and they wondered if the party had started at all. It was the first time visiting Hazel’s house.

Going straight to the far corner of the room, the party was in the 5th living room. Opening the door, one would not believe that a party so loud was happening right there. 'Under The Influence' by Chris Brown was booming out from three standing speakers.

Baby, you can
Ride it, ooh, yeah
Bring it over to my place
And you be like
“Baby, who cares?”
But I know you care
Bring it over to my place

You don't know what you did, did to me
Your body lightweight speaks to me
I don't know what you did, did to me
Your body lightweight speaks to me

Baby, you can
Ride it, ooh, yeah
And you be like
"Baby, who cares?"
But I know you care