Chapter 13

😗sorry for any mistakes

Brooklyn, New YorkSeptember 7th Thursday

Brooklyn, New York
September 7th
Thursday

"Nigga, preseason starts next month. How y'all need a new assistant coach?" Gio asked, inside of Sage's airpod as he walked out of the practice building.

Sage took the keys out of his pocket, unlocking his car doors "I kno' you seen dat shit all over Twitter wit' Coach T makin' bets on games and tryna get otha' players to make him win his bets" He stated, sliding his gym bag into his back seat before closing the door back.

"Oh shit, I did see dat. They were on his ass and the players dat actually did it" He chuckled while Sage was getting inside his car and locking the doors once he was inside.

"Exactly, shit fucked up tho. I ain' like his annoyin' ass anyways. He didn't kno' shit but was da' assistant coach" He scoffed, putting his foot on the breaks and then pressing the push start.

Sage personally thought people that played whatever sport should be coaches. Especially when it came to a professional sport. A lot of these coaches didn't know what they were doing and it affected teams badly in his opinion. Then fans and supporters are mad at the players when it's most of the time bad coaching.

"I'on kno' dawg. Being a coach?" Gio sighed.

"Dawg, you kno' dis game betta' den half these coaches on dis team. Take up the offer or at least think about it" He encouraged. Sage meant what he said about getting Gio back in the game. He felt like he deserved this chance, just like Sage did.

Gio didn't get to chance he deserved. He was just as good as Sage, maybe better if he practice more.

Whether it was him helping Gio become a player or Coach, he was going to help. When his coach announced that coach T was no longer with them, he was quick to refer Gio's name.

My li' baby🤎
Would like facetime...

"Jus' think about it bro," He said again before hanging up on him and answering Zaniyah's facetime call. "Wassup mama, you straight?" He asked once it connected, only seeing the top of her bonnet and the ceiling.

"Yes, are you?" She asked. He nodded with a frown on his face at her sitting in the dark "Yeah. Why can't I see yo' face?" He questioned.

"I told you I've been havin' a headache all day so the light hurts my eyes right na' " She sighed then moved the camera to where he could see her rubbing her eyes like a baby which he adored.

"But are you busy?" She asked softly. He shook his head "Nah, you need sumthin'? " He asked, putting his phone in his lap and putting his seatbelt on.

"Can you get me some Krispy Kreme donuts pleaseeee? I don't feel like goin' ta' get it" She whined a little as he pulled out of the parking spot. "Befo' you say no. Devil I acted nicely and I didn't do anything for you to say no" She recited her favorite line she said to get her way.