Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Kazutora!"

"Guys he's waking up!"

Kazutora blinked a few times, his vision is still blurry but he could make out the bright peach and blue puffed hair that stood beside him.

"Rin! Inform Izana that this kid's awake!" A voice spoke.

"What? Nahoya and Souya-? Where am I?" Kazutora fixed his posture, his back hurts, and he feels dizzy from simply trying to get up. He could barely feel any pain around the rest of his body, all the pain seemed to focus on his head.

"Kazutora, don't make any hasty moves yet. Your body is still recovering and it seems like you got a heavy head injury." Nahoya pointed at the boy's bandage around his head.

"No shit Sherlock." Ran commented, Nahoya only ignored the older boy.

Kazutora held his head, feeling the tightly wrapped bandages all around his forehead, even his hair was caught into the wrapping, he turned to Ran and his younger brother that was focused in typing on his phone, he was surprised to see the unfamiliar yet familiar faces in his room.

"The Haitani brothers? Wha- what's going on?"

"Izana told us to guard you," Rindou spoke, placing his phone back in his pocket, "The Kawata twins are here to guard you as well while everyone else is in search for the person who hired Rokuhara."

Kazutora's eyes widened, "Wait- Chifuyu!" The boy tries to get up.

"No don't be reckless, h-he's alive okay!" Nahoya exclaimed, stopping Kazutora from getting up his bed.

"But he wasn't breathing when I last saw him!" Tears started to form, he turned to Ran who was the one carrying Chifuyu during the battle, "You knew he was barely breathing! Tell me honestly!"

Ran sighed, Rindou could only turn away from the conversation, focusing his gaze on the white concrete floor.

"They're right he's alive," Ran spoke, placing both of his hands in his pockets, "But.."

"But what?" Kazutora asked, his heartbeat went up rapidly.

"He isn't responsive, but he's alive. Doctors confirmed that he still got brain activity going on, he's just...not awake yet."

"He's in a coma?" Ran nodded, Kazutora's heart dropped.

"For how long? Wait how long have I been out?" Kazutora waited for their answers, but all he could receive was their pitiful looks.

"Answer me Damn it!" Kazutora hit the sheets of his bed.

"You've been out for almost two weeks." A woman interrupted the silence, Kazutora's vision was still hazy, he couldn't figure out the woman that was seated all along in the corner of the room.

"You..your voice.." Kazutora roughly rubbed his eyes, trying to get a clear sight of her.

"You'll hurt your eyes if you keep doing that." She added, standing up from her seat.

Kazutora could hear her footsteps getting closer to him, her face was finally visible as she went to his side. Hesitant to hold onto his hand, so instead she holds onto the sheets of his bed.

"M-Mom."

"Kazutora, I'm sorry." Tears began to fall down her cheeks, tightly gripping the sheets. Ran motioned the rest of them to give the mother and son duo some space to talk it out.