Chapter 8

Chapter 8

In the end, Chifuyu and Kazutora ended up having free cheesy bacon fries from the female vendor. It turns out the girl that told them to just take the fries was the vendor's girlfriend and that the vendor was also the owner so it wouldn't really put her job on the line if she gave away free fries.

The two boys thanked the lovely couple and finally went for a slightly isolated area where not much people were around. Just a few teenagers eating and chatting but that was it.

"Those ladies were really nice huh.." Chifuyu noted, his words were barely understandable due to his mouth being filled with french fries. The savory taste of bacon bits and cheese had made him too intoxicated, forgetting what had just happened between him and Kazutora.

Although Kazutora also savored the french fries, he still couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed for his actions earlier on. He wasn't fully aware of his impulsive decisions and was quickly pulled away by his emotions at that time, he was furious.

"What made me so angry like that in the first place?" He thought.

Kazutora stared at his french fries for a moment, until the wind brushed the fresh smell of bacon bits and cheese into his nostrils. He took one, then two, then three, until he started eating it more and more, feeling bliss from every bite he took. 

"This is so good," He said, the people passing by noted the faces that they made as they continue to eat without notice of the people staring at them.

"Cute," Is what those people thought.

"Oh? Whats this?" Both Kazutora and Chifuyu look up to the voice that has interrupted their precious feast.

"Yuzuha-san?" Chifuyu's eyes lit as the two greeted each other with a smile, Kazutora was once again left confused, seeing another new face.

Yuzuha's eyes then turned to Kazutora who had cheese on the side of his lips, "Hey, you seem familiar!" She exclaimed.

Kazutora gulped the remaining fries he had in his mouth, "Nice to meet you, I'm Hanemiya Kazutora," He smiled.

"Oh! You're the guy Toman's been talking about, the name's Yuzuha, Shiba Yuzuha!" She returned the smile, Kazutora raised a brow at the familiar family name.

"She's Hakkai's older sister," Chifuyu confirmed, he lightly giggled as he turned to Kazutora seeing the cheese on the side of his lips.

"I see, they do resemble each other in a way," Kazutora shyly noted, "Oh, by the way please feel free to sit with us, Yuzuha-san," He added, he noticed the shopping bags that she was holding; it wouldn't hurt to take a seat.

"Oh thank you, I hope I'm not disturbing anything by the way," Yuzuha snickered. At first she hesitated to even greet Chifuyu and his companion, the duo looked like they were having such a peaceful and comfortable silence while indulging the taste of the fries they were given.

"Not at all.." The two responded in unison, which Yuzuha thought it was cute.

"Oh Yuzuha-san, how did you know Hakkai is here?" Chifuyu asked. Much to Yuzuha and Chifuyu's surprise, she looked quite surprised to hear that.

"Huh? Are you guys here together?" Yuzuha scratched her head. Kazutora was even more confused with the two. Their interaction is making his head hurt, do they know something he doesn't?

"Yeah?" Chifuyu answered, feeling a bit unsure of his own answer as well even though he spoke the truth.

"That big idiot!" Yuzuha slammed her hands on the table to which luckily Chifuyu managed to save both his and Kazutora's fries from being flipped.

"I wanted to go with him then he stopped me and told me he was going on a date with Mitsuya or some crap, I didn't know it was a group date," Yuzuha pouted, feeling all sorts of anger and disbelief.

Chifuyu chuckled, "Typical Hakkai," He thought.

"Is he and Mitsuya dating?!" Kazutora exclaimed, to which a lot of people had people glanced over to the trio, Kazutora then turned to Chifuyu with a panicked expression, "We should have stopped Kei from even going with the two earlier, he's ruining their date!"

Chifuyu and Yuzuha turned to each other, blinking a few times before bursting into laughter, leaving Kazutora, once again, confused.

"They aren't, but it's obvious Hakkai has some interest for Mitsuya, and sadly Mitsuya is the only one who hasn't taken notice of Hakkai's feelings," Chifuyu answered, wiping his tears of laughter away, Yuzuha nodding to his statement.

Kazutora's mind was processing everything he had heard, rewinding back to the moments he took notice from Mitsuya and Hakkai, "Wait, I mean that explains a few things but maybe I thought.." He paused.

"Thought what?" Yuzuha raised a brow, greatly anticipating Kazutora's response.

"Well, I mean I think that maybe Mitsuya is also interested in him? I'm not sure, but maybe they're both blind to each other's feelings?" Kazutora continued, placing his hand on his chin, he feels like Sherlock Holmes at the moment.

"How could you say that?" Chifuyu's also interested, everyone was too fixated on Hakkai's obvious actions that they forgot to observe Mitsuya closely on his body language.

"I mean when I first hung out with you guys, you know the day we were all eating pizza, I guess I could catch them staring at each other, but get this.." Yuzuha and Chifuyu leaned in, focused on Kazutora's words.

"You know how Hakkai ran out of crust that day, Chifuyu?" Chifuyu nodded to Kazutora's question, "He was whining quite a bit that all his crusts were gone then I saw Mitsuya paying attention to Hakkai the whole time, and not only that he split his own crust the moment Hakkai ate all his crust even before he started exclaiming that he had none anymore.." Kazutora paused, he needed to catch his breath.

"Oh! Are you saying that Mitsuya has been watching my little brother eat the whole time?" Yuzuha added, to which Kazutora clicked his fingers and smiled.

"Exactly! Plus, he hesitated the whole time and when Kawata-san decided to-.."

"Which Kawata?" Chifuyu interrupted.

Kazutora cleared his throat, "I meant when Souya-san decided to give some of his crust to Hakkai, Mitsuya saw the whole thing and he looked really disappointed!" Kazutora exclaimed, the trio's faces looked like they had solved the case of a murder. They seem to have taken their cupid detective skills quite seriously.

"How were you able to even notice that?" Chifuyu questioned, Kazutora simply smiled and crossed his arms.

"Don't underestimate my observation skills, Matsuno Chifuyu," He responded. Chifuyu only rolled his eyes while Yuzuha giggled at their small interaction.

"We need more observations and proof that their feelings are mutual though, we can't rely on my observation alone.." Kazutora noted, to which the two nodded in agreement.

"Hey, is this the proof that you need?"

Before the trio could even look at the person who owned the voice that interrupted their investigation, a phone slid in front of them, showing a paused video with Mitsuya and Hakkai sitting next to each other on the driving machines they spoke of earlier.