𝟢𝟢𝟦

DARIUS DUKE CARSON| 26

"Pastor," Darius's Armor Bearer, Abel entered his office after landing two knocks on the glass door

"Pastor," Darius's Armor Bearer, Abel entered his office after landing two knocks on the glass door. "Yes?" Darius replied, resting his elbows on his desk. "The Bishop would like to see you."

"Tell 'em i'm on my way." Darius groaned, raising up from his chair. On his way out, he was met by Pam she seemed to be a little in distress. "Ms. Pam." Darius smiled, greeting her. "How are you? Where's Samyra?"

"She didn't come to church. He hit her." Pam lowly spoke, making Darius frown. "He—he beat her, Pastor. Her face is all bruised up and i've been trying to treat her but she won't let me."

"W-why? How?" Darius frowned in confusion. He genuinely couldn't think of how things could escalate like this within a week from seeing her. "'Cause he was jealous of how Samyra was talking to you. I know my granddaughter, she's never been that attentive with Kyree like she was with you. She's never looked at Kyree how she looked at you. I think that's what made him jealous."

"Can I come to your house so I can talk to Samyra? See how she doin'?" Darius offered with sincerity. "Yes, of course. Thank you, Pastor." Pam thanked him.

"No, thank you for trusting me. Now, I have to go meet with the Bishop. When i'm done, i'll go with you to see Samyra. You can wait in my office 'till then." Darius told Pam and she thanked him once again.

On his way to meet up with the Bishop Jacob, Darius had to turn off his emotions because the news Pam told him truly disturbed him. He thought the worst of men who put their hands on women. He wouldn't dare let a man put his hands on his little sister.

"Pops?" Darius called out for his father, knocking on the wooden door of his office. "Son, please come in." Bishop Jacob rose from his desk and came around to sit on it. "You needed me?"

"Yes. I would've called you but I think this should be said in person." Bishop Jacob watched Darius sit down in one of the leather seats in front of his desk. "I'm retiring soon."

A slight mug came upon Darius's face which made him jerk his head back. "You only...what? 50? Its too early for you to even be thinkin' 'bout retirement. I think you needa' think this through a lil' longer."