𝟢𝟢𝟤

DARIUS DUKE CARSON| 26

"Goodmornin', family." Darius walked into the breakfast nook, greeting his family to join them for breakfast before church. He lived in a parsonage with his wife, mother, father, sister, brother, brothers wife, nephew and a maid that resides in the guest home about half a mile away from the mansion.

His father, Jacob is the Bishop of Tabernacle Worship Ministries and his mother, Loretta is the First Lady. Him and his brother, Darnell attend Tabernacle Worship Ministries where they both work as the Associate Pastors and Daisha works as the leader over the youth ministry and is on the Trustee Board.

"Goodmornin', ma." He leaned down, placing a kiss on his mothers forehead before taking a seat next to his nephew, Damarco at the table. "Hey, lil' man." He pinched his cheek.

"Goodmorning, son. Will Cleo be joining us this morning?" Loretta asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Nah, ion' think so, mama." He said and then tension was created at the table. "W—why not?" Jacob frowned.

"Daddy, 'cause she a hoe." Daisha freely spoke, stabbing her fork at her plate. "Daisha Unique Carson!" Loretta banged on the table with her hand. "Sorry, mama." Daisha apologized. "We do not curse or swear in this house...now, what did you do, boy?" Loretta looked at Darius with a stern look.

"What is going on?" Jacob look around the table in confusion. Him and his wife were clueless of the dishonesty that went on in Darius and Cleo's relationship. As a matter of fact, they thought Cleo loved Darius and his family and that she would carry their grandchildren one day, so they really didn't understand why she wasn't joining them for breakfast.

"Cleo and I are divorcing." Darius took the napkin from his lap and wiped his mouth. The table went quiet and everyone's mouths dropped. "Oh, praise God." Daisha looked up to the ceiling. "Hey!" She sprung up out of her seat for a praise break.

"Oh, imma' dance wit' you, sister." Darnell sprung up out of his seat, running to go shout and praise with Daisha. Darius covered his mouth with the napkin, trying to hide his chuckling as he shook his head.