𝟢𝟢𝟣

DARIUS DUKE CARSON| 26

 Exhaling, Darius arose from his desk, adjusting his neck collar before grabbing his phone and checking the time

Exhaling, Darius arose from his desk, adjusting his neck collar before grabbing his phone and checking the time. Tucking his phone in his pocket, he grabbed his brief case to head out of his office.

"Pastor," Two knocks sounded on his door, making him look up and meet his brothers malicious gaze. He always looked up to no good.

"Unt un, nope. I'm not listenin' to nobody else problems today. I'm goin' home." Darius reached for his keys on the desk before throwing them into the air and catching them. "It ain't my problems. It's about you."

"What about me?" Darius asked and Darnell just stared at him, not giving him any particular answer. Darius sighed, brushing pass his brother to make it to the door. It was almost eight o'clock at night and he was ready to go home.

"Your wife." Darnell finally replied. Darius paused, turning around to look at Darnell. "The whole office can hear them, bro'."

"I know, Darnell. You ain't gotta' tell me. I know." Darius reached for the door again only to be stopped by his brother. Darius was tired of hearing it from other people when his own wife couldn't admit to it. He often ignored it just to keep his marriage.

"When you gon' leave that whore, man?" Darnell frowned, looking at his brother who couldn't even make eye contact with him at the moment. "Hm?"

Darius swallowed the lump in his throat before turning to look his brother in the eye. "When I find someone that could love me better than she can." He quietly, subtly spoke.

"So...anybody?" Darnell's eyebrows rose. "No—no because if that's the case, then i'll go find you a sista' right here in this building. Anybody can love you better than that, Darry!" Darnell lectured in his big brother voice.

"You don't understand. I'm all—."

"I don't understand what? Why you stay with a woman that cheat on you after you put food in her belly, a roof over her head, clothes on her back and a ring on her finger? You damn right I don't understand." Darnell scoffed, storming out of the office.