32. Dolan-James

Third Perspective

As the parents stood together, the photographer getting photos of the bride getting ready and the groom fixing his tux, the brides heart was swollen with joy.

Due to the mishap of her mother and biological fathers situation she had lost faith until Roman had shoved rolls in front of her the first night they met.

Roman's pride was large, his heart too. Never in a thousand years did he or anyone think he'd accept his mate or even have one.

They walked out, it wasn't a big wedding, just a small thing. They smiled at each other and held hands as they walked to the minister.

"We are gathered here, to celebrate the divine mating of Everleigh Dolan, and Roman James." He began.

Roman looked at his almost wife, her body gorgeous, skin soft, hair perfect, face angelic. His heart wanted nothing more.

Everleigh hid a giggle as she felt giddy and energetic, she was pleased with her mate. Never thought she'd get one. He gave her a new hope.

"Now, this is your time for the vows. I'll move so pictures can be done." The minister excused himself.

"Who's first?" Everleigh smiled.

"You can go first baby." Roman encouraged and she smiled.

"Okay." She pulled out her paper and it was clear she was shaking.

"Roman, it was kinda strange how this all began. Lunchables, smoothies, angry compliments. I think back and I think the real reason we were successful is because of little Victor." She smiled at the small boy who now stood by his elder brother.

"Me?" He pointed.

"You. The chalk and the time we had Roman make us chicken nuggets before we taught him how to play hopscotch. I think you made the big guy a softie for me. For that I thank you Vic. I love your company and I love your excitement and how you're so good to your parents and aunt and your brother. I promise to take care of Romie for you." She smiled and he held up his pinky.

"Promise?" He asked.

"Promise." She hooked her pinky through his causing a laugh to come from him.

"Now for you, thank you. Thank you for caring for me, for learning how to do my hair after showers, for just spending your time holding me and letting me hold you. I love you a lot and I'm excited for our future." She smiled and laughed when she wiped tears from Roman's face.

"My turn. Don't make fun of me." Roman sniffled and they all laughed.

"Everleigh, I can't think of a better way to live my life anymore. I thought being a bachelor forever would provide my happiness and it's obvious that's not how that works. Words can't describe what you've done for me already. God you've taken care of me when I was having trouble with my parents being away, you gave me and my little brother plane tickets to see them, my mom and dad call you their daughter, you are everything to me. I meant it when I sobbed into your chest and said you are my world now. You are every un-mated man's dream. Thank you. And I love you a lot and I should shut up because I'm gonna cry." Roman shoved the paper in his pocket and Everleigh laughed, holding his hand.

"SOFTIE!" Luke shouted before holding Karly and Roman shook his head while wiping his eyes.

"Now on behalf of Lotties request to speed everything up, I pronounce you husband and wife. Mr. And Mrs. Roman Dolan-James." The minister smiled and they shared a short kiss, uncomfortable with their parents and a 6 year old right there.

"You're mine baby." Roman held Eve to his chest.

"I'm yours daddy." She whispered back.