XXVI

"But maybe we just love like that, yeah maybe we just love like that"~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~| Saige |

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
| Saige |

"Studio B is clean Miss Tanya, I'm gonna get ready to go"

"Wait Saige! Before you head out, I had something to tell you" she said to me coming to where I was standing by the front door as I was getting ready to walk out.

"So I just wanted to start off by saying how I'm extremely proud of you and the effort you've made coming back to dance" she said to me making me smile small. "I know it hasn't been easy but you always managed to push through"

"Thank you Miss Tanya, that's means a lot"

"With that being said, I remember you telling me that you had some interest in the dance program at Oakland University" she said to me making my eyes widened. "Well one of the directors is actually a close friend of mine and she mentioned to me that she was looking for spots in the program"

"You're joking.." I replied making her laugh.

"Absolutely not. They're offering a $50,000 scholarship and a spot on the dance team" she added making my jaw drop. "But that's after she sees you dance"

"In about five months we'll be having our annual spring concert and I invited her to watch you perform. Depending upon if she likes your performance, which she will, she'll offer you the scholarship"

This was everything I wanted, me and the girls always talked about where we wanted to go to college and we decided on Oakland because of the fact that the school had a program that we all wanted to be apart of plus it was in Michigan and only twenty five minutes away from home so if I wanted to stay at a dorm I wouldn't be far from Amir and my siblings but if I wanted to stay home, the school wouldn't be far either.

"Miss Tanya, I can't even tell you how much this means to me. Thank you for always having faith in me"

"Always sweetie" she said giving me a smile. "You are a young black woman with a true gift. Even if you ever decide you wanna stop dancing, that mind of yours that you have will make changes in this world"

"I'll text you over the weekend with some more info okay?"

"Sounds good"

"Drive safe Saige, I'll see you next week!" she said to me, giving me a hug before I walked out of the building and getting into my car.

As I made my way home, I couldn't help but to think about how my parents could be watching over me. I just wanted to make them proud like everyone else. Things were finally turning around for me and it felt good.