XXIII

"Try to be careful in a land full of mines

"Try to be careful in a land full of mines...try to be careful, these are the bad times"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
| Amir |
*continued*

"Sevyn why da fuck you got this big ass refrigerator but no damn food in this bitch?" Mari said from the kitchen.

This nigga was always eating somebody shit up.

It was me, Sevyn, Mari, Cam, Isaiah, Tony and even Dakari's ass. We were all at Sevyn's crib trying to figure out a way to get at Khalil.

"Nigga cause the only time I buy some groceries is if Saige remind me to" he said shrugging and sitting down. "She the reason why shit stay together around here"

"That's true" Isaiah said. "This nigga never folded any type of clothing until she moved back home. I'm surprised you survived on your own without baby sis" he added making us all laugh and Sevyn mugged him.

"Aight fuck y'all, let's get to the real reason why we here" Sevyn said leaning back into his chair. "Dakari you better have some info on that nigga or it ain't gon look good for you bro"

"I did actually" Dakari said sitting up in his chair. "I went back to the basement to take some more pictures of those files—he has y'all whole operation written down. The placed y'all moving y'all weight to and from, the times and how much money y'all bringing in" he slid us these printed out photos that he took from his phone and went through them all.

"These right here are bank statements" he said sliding some more photos to the middle of the table.

"From who?" Cam asked.

"There wasn't a name on the account but you see these high ass payments right here?" he asked us as he pointed to the picture showing us these amounts of thousands and thousands of dollars being sent into this account. "Sevyn your dad was sending that to this person"

"Bullshit" Sevyn said smacking his lips.

"Its the truth" Dakari spat back. "Look at that name and tell me who the fuck you see since you think I'm lying"

We all leaned over to look at the name to see if he was for real and everyone went silent as we read it.

Sean Cartier - deposit of $56,000.

"This is fucking ridiculous" Sevyn said as we all looked at him. "Why would my father be sending this much money to whoever the fuck that is?!"

"That shit looks real Sev" I said biting my lip hating to admit it. It was multiple payments made from a little over ten years ago from Sevyn's dad. For some reason it still wasn't making sense though.