Chapter 9 - 【In A Month's Time】

Cale woke up with a small grunt at the noise around him. He can clearly hear someone yelling in the small room where he is also currently laying in.

"Hanji, stop screaming already."

"How could I stop when Eren's tooth had already grown?! Ohhhh, I can't wait to experiment with him, kekeke."

"Heichou, you should've at least taken it easy in kicking the guy."

Yep, Cale just decided to close his eyes and not mind those vicious things he's hearing.

"And you, apple brat. Stop acting like you just didn't wake up."

This fucking midget. Cale opened his reddish brown eyes and scowled at Levi who have a smug look on his face.

"Cale! How are you feeling?"

Eren asked as he went to seat at the edge of the bed he's currently in. Looking closer, Cale could see the swollen cheek that is starting to heal thanks to his titan ability.

"I want to sleep again."

"You just woke up?!"

"Yes. Good night."

Cale couldn't shake of the feeling of worry towards the brunette as he was reminded of his own children, Raon, On and Hong.

"...Did Levi kicked you?" He blurted out which made Hanji laugh out loud.

"He did! And not only once! He did it many times that I couldn't keep count!"

Cale looked at Hanji with a mischievous glint as the girl also returned the look.

So the redhead decided to tease the damn midget.

"Eren, does it hurt? Should I also kick the old rat for you?"

"What the?"

"Eh?"

"Should I?"

"No! Levi Heichou only did it for the show!"

"Does your wounds only for the show too?"

Eren was silent at that remark, but he still have a conflicted expression because he knows Cale would really kick Levi if he said so.

Cale noticed this so he just sighed and sat straight from his bed, slowly patting the brunette's head as if it was a muscle memory from his children.

"Fine, I won't kick him." Eren's face beamed at that but Cale isn't finished, "I won't give him apple pies for a week."

"Cale Henituse!"

Eren and Cale slightly flinched at Levi's tone while Hanji had a look of surprise on her face. Who wouldn't be shocked when Levi actually looked like he was having a diarrhea?

"What? Scared?" It's Cale's turn to have a smug expression on his face as he snorted at the midget's fuming face.

"...Sorry..."

Cale could practically hear other people's thoughts at Levi's unusual demeanor.

"Holy shiㅡ"

"Shut it four eyes."

"Yo, Cale-san. How did you do it? Can I taste your apple pie that made our dear Heichou say sorry?"

Cale was about to answer when Levi scowled at the girl before saying a firm, "No."

It's not like Cale wanted to say no since he have a full stash in his spatial pouch. And it is Beacrox's cooking, not his since he's too lazy to do it.