Die All, Die merrily

As I sharpen my swords I hear the door click and Bellamy, Abby and Clarke walk in

As I sharpen my swords I hear the door click and Bellamy, Abby and Clarke walk in. I stand up and embrace them all.

"So, wheres my pep talk?" I laugh, they do not return the action. "No pep, talk?"

"You dont have to do this, we can find someone else." Bellamy.

"If clarke didnt tell you, we had by sunrise, If i die today, I die a warrior."

"Dhara." Clarke says.

"Dont, dont try to talk my out of it." I look at the tree of them. "Either I win today and we live, or I die for Skaikru, fighting."

"These people," Abby begins.

"I know the odds, you don't have to tell me."

"Hey, you got this." Clarke says, "Come on, its almost your turn."

I nod and as I walk out I take a steadying breath, my hands braced on the swords at my hips. Outside the sun is warm against my face, Roan accepts his necklace and stands in front of his peoples flag. He spots me and gives me a curt nod.

"Dhara kom skaikru, step forward." I push my way through the crowd and stand on the stage. "Accept the Signia of your clan and fight with honor as their champion."

I bow my head slightly as Gaia ties the necklace around my neck. I hold the dog tag looking signia attached to a leather strap as I step beside Roan. Next I recognize the boy who set the ark on fire. I step closer to Roan as I spin my ring on my hand. I glance down and see he wears his ring proudly. It is a simple silver band with my mother's initials engraved on the inside. RA for Rose Anderson, now for Roan Azgeda.

"A battle to the death." Gaia calls. "Within the walls of polis, these warriors will fight untill only one remains. When that warrior collects all of the Grigio s from the fallen and delivers them to me, they will be declared the victor. This final champion alone will tell us which clan is meant to survive in the krypt of Bekka pramheda, and which clans are meant to perish in praimfaya. We honor those who fall by the sword, but follow the one who wields it best."