Wanheda Part 2

"Hello, Wanheda."

The mans face low voice vibrates in my ear as the sword presses harder against my throat. I feel his hand release mine and her uses his spare hand to tie a gag around my head. He circles around the front of me and pins me to a tree with his sword. I examine his face has his hands attempt to pry open my mouth. I don't get much time to examine before the blade of his sword presses harder into my throat and begins to slide. My mouth opens as I wimper and he shoves the cloth inside it.

As he binds my hands he places his knee between my legs and uses his shoulders to keep mine in place. It doesn't take much for him to keep me still, I'm half this mans size. He's probably six foot something a very well built. As his body presses against mine he ties my hands together skillfully and begins pulling me by a rope.

He leads me in silence through the forest. A long time goes by before i see the sun rise over the trees. The golden glow warms my skin and the breeze catches my hair. I choose to savor this moment, this one moment of bliss before I am lead to my death. Exhaustion begins to ebb away at my resolve and i feel my legs want to give. We reach the river and i willfully give in to their request. I feel the ropes at my wrist be tugged as i lay on the jagged rocks of the river.

My heart thrums as he grumbles and i feel the rope slacken. The man is bent over the riverside, filling a canteen. I silently make my way to my feet. I position the rope in my hands to wrap around his neck. I slip the rope over his neck and jump on his back. I wrap my legs around his thick torso and he begins thrashing. I tighten the rope around his neck and he stumbles forward. He continues stumbling forward till he falls face first in the river. I plant my feet on either side of his rib cage and push his head down in the water.

His frame goes limp beneath my hands and his chest stops moving. I remove the rope and pull the gag from my mouth. As I move to stand the man jolts upright and to his knees. I feel his hands at the back of my head, grabbing my hair. He throws my over his shoulder in one swift movement. He uses the hands in my hair to hold me beneath the water. I force my eyes open and see his blurred form distorted by the water. I reach up and grab as his arms. I feel my lungs burn and my heads is pulled from the water. I gasp and cough till the water is freed from my system.

"Now that's better."

I spin around to face my attacker and a strand of crimson hair slaps my face. The black dye has come out of my hair in the water. I watch the inky substance flow down the river as the naturally fiery red locks shine through. I scan the mans face again and my heart drops. He has large scars on either side of his face mirroring one another and his eyes are a crystal blue. He has long brown hair in small braids that reach just below his collarbone.

"Your ice nation." I think out loud.

The man stands and tugs me along after him, ignoring my statement. We stay quiet for another few miles. No words are spoken, only the occasional grunt from the brute of a man. I stare daggers at the back of the mans head, wondering how i could kill him. He disarmed me and tied me so that rules out any weapon any tactics. I could try to choke him again but that didn't work so well the last time. I could...

The man suddenly turn and slams me into the ground. He presses me into the brush with his body. His face is inches from mine, his breath warms my face. His weight crushes my chest. He braces his hands on either side of my head.

"Quiet." He mutters darkly.

He removes his weight and grabs my collar. I don't look away untill he does when he finally pulls me into a sitting position, still crouched over my legs. I follow his gaze to see about four men in the brush to my left.

"Ice nation scouts." His gaze returns back to me. "Come on, we back track. Then we go back around."

I lock eyes with him before screaming. My throat is sore and raspy from not speaking for so long. The man only looks at me as the scouts unsheath their swords.