Gimme Shelter

The boat comes quicker than expected. Roan and I quickly load the barrels and climb aboard. Bellamy takes off back to Arkadia. We spend most of the boat ride in silence. When we get to the island Clarke goes to say hi to mer mother while Emori, Murphy, Roan and I unload the fuel. Murphy leads us to the house and I am amazed.

The house is a manchion, more bueatiful than the ones that I read about on the Ark. Elaborite marble adn stone makes up the mansion. The house has a pool, a hottub, an outdoor kitchen, a kitchen and bedrooms with real showers, with warm water and good smelling soap and electricity. Its paradise.

"Roan, look at it all."

"Its very fancy." He says, seemingly unimpressed.

"Oh come on, im going to get cleaned up. Murphy, were are the bathrooms?"

"Theres a bathroom in each of the rooms, ill show you."

Murphy leads Roan and I up the stairs and down a hall.

"Take your pick." Murphy says. "Thair all the same, more or less."

I choose the one and the end of the hall and Roan chooses the one beside mine. I wander in my room and touch the soft furs and dlecatly woven blankets. Nothing is torn or decayed. Its all luxurious and perfect. I walk in the bathroom and undress, staring at the woman in the mirror. I havent seen myself properly in years. The girl i stare at has sharp cheekmones and hard amber eyes. black hair over half her red. I still have blood in my hair and temple. The layers of grime built over my skin from 190 days on the ground. Tears leak from my eyes before I tare my face away from the mirror and step into the shower.

I play with the temperature of the water and settle for a warm temperature that lightly burns my skin. I find a sponge like thing and scrub my skin with different soaps that smell good. I rake my fingers through my hair and find the black dye falling to the shower floor. The water is a murky crimson as I wash the blood from my hair and by skin. I find several scars, i didnt even know I had. When i finish I smell good, the bottle says roseblossoms but im not sure what that is. It smells sweet and fresh and I like it. I step out of the shower and find a towel in a Cabinet. I dry myself and go the the closet in the room. I find clothes my size and put on a pair of tight black shorts and a tshirt. When I turn, Roan stands in the doorway.

"I guess I missed my chance."

"To shower with me?" He nods, I chuckle lightly. "Dont worry, you didnt miss much."

I smile and step into the bathroom infront of the mirror. Roan steps behind me and places his hands at my waist I take the hair brush from the counter and brush through my hair as he kisses my neck. I lean into his touch and I finally realise how much i missed it, how much i crave it. Roan removes his shirt and presses his skin against my back. I set the brush down and roan gathers my hair over my shoulder.

"Whatt happened to the black?" He asks against my neck.

"It washed out." I say.

"Thats alright, I like your hair better this way anyways."

"Thanks, Roan." I chuckle.

I turn my body to face him. He lifts me on the counter and steps between my legs. I press closer to me as his lips kiss my neck, my cheek, my lips, and my jaw. Pure happieness fills my heart as his hands roam over my body. I thud sounds downstairs, followed by Emori's scream. Roan steps away and looks at me.

"Just anoher day on the ground." I say before taking off to downstairs.

We run in to see Jokn kneeling over a strange man, tying him up and Emori ad Clarke staring at us.

"What happened?" Roan asks, placing a protectibe arm infront of me.

"This guy wanted to steal some food, Emori knew him." Murphy says. "Help me sie this son of a bitch to the chair."

Roan and Murphy take a chair from the kitchel table and tie the man to it. I sit on the island couunter and watch as Murphy circles him. Roan comes to stand by me with his arm crossed over his chest.

"I swear to you, I only came for the food." The man says.

"Why shoud I spare you pain?"

"I steal for my wife and children."

"Thats right, find the right angle."

"No its true, we trade the food at the market and to eat."

"Ill help you out, I love someone who was beated and tortured by a man who thought he could controll her."

"Im not that man. You can torture me all you want and that wont change a thing."

Emori bursts in the room and lands a solid right hook to the mans jaw. She slaps him and grabs his chin.

"Whos the scared child now, Baylis?" Emora spits. "For my brother." Emori punches him "For me!" Emori hits him over and over agian. I watch with interest as her eyes and voice stay steady.

"Wait!" Clark says.

"What?" Emori yells.

"Youl kill him."

"Thats the idea."

"Why dont you stay out of it and let her have this, Clarke?"

"What if his death could save us all?" Clarke offers.

"How?" I ask, confused.

"Instead of going to space to make blood, we could use Luna's bone marrow."

"Have you talked to Luna about this?" I ask.

"Yes."

"And shes alright with it?" I ask.

"Shes not thrilled about any of it but we already have a sample."

"Sweet, lets get this bitch down there." I say, looking down at my clothes. "After I change."

I run upstairts and find a pair of black jeans and a blueish grey longsleve. I rush back downstairs to see no one has moved.

I grab the man's shoulders and haul him up. Roan picks up the limp man and carries him outside and to the lab. Guilt stabs at my chest as we enter the lab and abby waits for us at the radiation chamber. Roan lays the man down and gives me a sure look that says its okay. We take everything but his boxers off and position him on the table.With shaking hands I help abby and Clarke strap buckles over the mans ankles, knees, hips, and chest. Abby takes the bone marrow filled syrence and takes a shaky breath.

"Hey, none of us like what were doing here, not even to someone like him." Clarke says softly to her mother.

I put on a brave face as Abby looks at me sadly. I give her a small nod and she injects the marrow into the mans forearm. Now we wat a few hours for the marrow to spread, then we begin our tests.