036

Chapter Thirty-Six:
Finally

Reese Ta'vian JacksonSomewhere in Florida

Somewhere in Florida

"Don't be nervous, he gon' be happy to see you." Reese rubbed Kirari's back as they signed the vistors' sheet in the prison.

The room was cold and dead silent; only the smacking of the gum could be heard being chewed by the lady sitting behind the desk. Even the seats they sat on felt as if they were just sitting on a freezing, hard metal, the lack of cushion or any type of soft material was incredibly easy to notice.

"You'on know that." Kirari sighed, her hand began shaking as she filled out the last few blank spaces.

She hadn't seen her father in years, it had always been something she struggled with. Kirari loved him dearly which was why it was hard, she didn't want to see someone she loves having their freedom taken away from them. However, she feared one thing the most; the person losing that sparkle in their eyes.

Kirari was scared that her father wouldn't be who she'd left him as.

"You ready?" Reese asked, pulling Kirari from her thoughts. She nodded slowly before getting up and walking beside him to the lady.

They handed their sheets and waited a few minutes until their visit was authorised. An hour (or at least that's what it felt like) passed while they waited for K.I to arrive before they were guided to the visiting rooms.

With every step he took, Reese felt as if his knees would give up in that moment. He'd thought about this moment for years; what he'd say, where he'd look and how he'd act. Now...his mind was blank.

Truthfully, Reese hated the person he'd used to be. The selfish person who had no boundaries, who placed their own needs above their morality. Yeah, he was fed and felt loved but what was the cost of that? Another family's source of love and joy.

He'd taken that experience of having a father from Kirari and that shit ate him up like nun' else. It fucked with his head. Yet another one of his demonic actions that only sealed his fate in going to hell.

"You only have 30 minutes." A guard said before opening a huge, metal door, revealing K.I siting down while staring blankly at the door.

Kirari entered first, tears rolling down her face as she ran to sit down. She sat down before holding her daddy's hands for a few seconds before they were forced to separate.

K.I stared at his daughter lovingly, admiring how much she'd changed from the little freshman he'd left her as. Of course he'd seen photographs but the real thing was always different.

"You big as hell." K.I smiled as he looked at her. They had the same nose and eyes but her thick lips and light skin was from her mama.

"You ain't give me your height though." Kirari said jokingly. Her daddy was a very tall, slender man while she was short and thick.

"You changed so much, Kirari. I been hearing a lot about what you been doin' from yo mama and I'm I'm proud of you, babygirl." He said, clearly not realising that Reese was standing right next to the sitting Kirari.

"Thank you, daddy. I want you to see someone." Kirari smiled before glancing at Reese, which made K.I shift his eyes from her to him.

"Wassup, Yung blanco?" K.I stood up and extended his tatted arm towards Reese, who hesitantly took the rough hand and shook it.

"Ion go by that no more." Reese shrugged as he sat down beside Kirari, but he maintained some space between them so K.I wouldn't pick up on anything.

"I heard." K.I rubbed his waves forwards, his wifebeater revealed his toned arms that were coated with names of his kids, their mama and Bible verses.

Kirari and Reese glanced at each other in surprise. How had he heard that?

"You'on think I got people watching my kids? Watching what's going on in the streets?" K.I asked with a smirk, these youngsters thought he was clueless.

"I know you been beefing Blanco. I also know one of the feds on my case's son got his head cut off. Na, y'all gotta give me some credit." He continued on.

"Y'all here to ask me how to get rid of this nigga for good, ain't that sum shit?" K.I chuckled while he looked at Reese, "Why you wanna bite the hand that feeds you?"

"Cuh I realised that hand was feeding me poison, sir." Reese spoke honestly.

"I know you feelin' silly right na."

"I am and I wanted to say that I was s-" Before Reese could finish, K.I cut him off.

"Ion care 'bout your apologies, lil boy. It's past now and I ain't got no business being angry at some youngblood." K.I admitted and it was clear that he was speaking his truth.

"Daddy, what we gon' do then?" Kirari asked softly, she was amazed at the fact that her father had moved on so quick.

"Ain't no we. You not involved in this shit, don't act like you ain't got finals coming up." K.I mugged Kirari, she was too bright to go down this path.

"He's right, there ain't no we. I gotta deal with this and you gotta handle yo own business." Reese agreed, he didn't want Kirari being involved in any of this shit.

"You gotta do it na. Slide through his crib with a lil gift, you feel me?" K.I raised an eyebrow at Reese.

"Yeah, I feel you. It'll be done by the end of the week." Reese sighed.

"Yall ain't really need my help." K.I leaned back, "By killing that fed son, y'all killed Blanco's relationship with the police. He ain't got no back up, right na. This the best time to kill him."

"Aight, say no more." Reese stood up and shook K.I's hand before he patted Kirari's back. He left the father and daughter, while he went to wait at the reception.

"What you think you doing with that boy?" K.I asked seriously, he could tell they were together as soon as the pair walked in.

"I love him, daddy. I know what he did and I forgive him." Kirari sighed, putting her hands on her face before looking away from her disapproving father.

"If he makes it out of this shit alive and free, I'll let yall be together." K.I stared at Kirari before kissing his daughter's forehead and walking out.

Kirari felt tears prick her eyes as she stared at her father walking away. K.I would never approve of Reese so it only meant one thing:

He either believed Reese was going to get caught by the feds. Or that he wasn't making it out alive.