020

Chapter Twenty:
Alone With You

 Reese Ta'vian Jackson Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Reese sat down on the bench and sighed, he didn't want to be here but he had to get information. Looking around, he checked to see if anyone was staring at him suspiciously and he didn't see anyone. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his joggers to pull out his phone and saw all the texts from Kirari.

Footsteps could be heard which Reese took as a sign to shove his phone back into his pocket—this wasn't something he'd want to show anyone. Even though he wasn't active on the streets, he still had many opps and if they got word that he had a girl, they'd all target her.

"What am I here for bro?" Tizzy asked as he slumped on the bench right next to Reese, they were so close that their shoulders were touching.

Tizzy was a very close friend of Reese's. They didn't talk regularly but their loyalty wasn't fuelled by the present. It was fuelled by shit that happened in the past, the countless times that they'd chosen to protect each other even when they could've endangered their own lives.

"I need you to find out what Blanco's tryna do with Pearl." Reese asked, "I sent you a pic of ha, if you see 'em together, make sure you tell me." He continued to stare forwards, not bothering to glance at his friend.

"Word on the street is that you cuffed." Tizzy asked seriously, he hadn't ever expected Reese to date, at least not the girl he was apparently with.

"Y'all know the streets lie." Reese shook his head as he stood up before he walked off, as much as he trusted Tizzy, he wasn't about to tell anyone about Kirari.

-XX-

Reese sat in the car and played the music softly as he smoked a blunt. The smell of food filled the car, even overlapping the smell of weed, it was Kirari's seafood boil that she'd been craving. He was parked right outside her house and they were about to chill in the car.

His heavy eyes stared out the window to see the streetlights that shone brightly, signifying that it was nighttime. He continued to stare outside, this time paying more attention to the moon. Reese had never used to have time to just sit back and simply look.

Reese simply sighed as he watched the door open and a tired Kirari sat in the passenger's seat. Her platinum blond hair was in a messy bun, her lashes were neat but her face was clear. No make-up was present and she just looked natural. She was wearing Reese's joggers and a tube top with some slides.

"Aw you actually got it for me." Kirari smiled as she reached for the seafood boil, Reese watched her excitement bubble up even more when she realised how much food there was.

Her dimples were deep and you could tell she was excited to eat it. Seeing her smile and how grateful she looked made everything worth it, Reese had never thought that another person's happiness would ever affect him the way Kirari's does. He felt like shit was real to the core.

A smile formed on his face before he continued to face towards and focusing back on his blunt.

"All yo ass do is eat." Reese chuckled as he watched her begin to munch on the corn, he weren't even hungry but the way she was eating it made it look bussin.

"You got sum' right there." Kirari pointed with her nail that was already stained with some sauce, "Oh wait, that's just yo drool." She said making herself chuckle, Reese smacked his lips in response as he watched her cackle even more.

"Gimme some." Reese asked, he tried to reach for some corn but Kirari smacked his hand away.

"If you was hungry, shoulda bought yo own."

Reese watched her put a juicy, well-seasoned prawn in her mouth and that's when he decided to lean in. Placing his hand at the back of her head, he guided her towards him and pulled her into a kiss. Kirari seductively kissed back, enjoying the affection—Reese used the opportunity to use his tongue to pull the prawn into his mouth before he pulled away from her.

"You a whole opp." Kirari mugged him, watching him as he chewed the prawn up obnoxiously in her face. He'd really seduced her just to steal her food. That was a new low.

"But you still here?" He chuckled before reaching for some corn quickly and snatching it out the bag which just made Kirari laugh while she tried to reach for it.

She leaned over the middle compartment, trying to get the corn as Reese looked away Kuching on the corn. Even though she acted like she was angry, Kirari found everything hilarious. Laughter filled the car as she eventually jumped over the compartment and was sitting on the driver's seat with Reese—she'd given up on the corn.

Sitting on Reese, Kirari grabbed her phone and connected to the Bluetooth before putting the song, 'Alone With You' by Arz. She released a deep sigh as she sat sideways. Her butt was in between his legs, with her own legs over his leg and resting on the passenger seat. Her back was on the door as she reached for his blunt and took a drag.

I wanna be alone
Alone with you, does that make sense?

Reese shut his eyes and simply enjoyed the warmth of her body, he loved having her around. She calmed him down, in a way weed failed to do.

I ain't ever had a girl like this
Real to the core, it's real

Kirari stared at him as she stayed quiet. She reached a hand out and simply caressed his face, feeling his nose to his brows to his lips. He was here—in this present moment, with her.

And I can't talk 'bout sex every day on the track
So I talk 'bout the shit I feel
I might give you flowers and kisses
Not just dick, and this shit is real

Kirari shut her eyes too, still smoking and simply enjoying the moment. She felt at peace.