029

Chapter Twenty-Nine:
Moment

Reese Ta'vian Jackson Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Reese looked around to make sure he wasn't being followed before he knocked on the door. He'd expected Krystal to gently open the door as she usually did but instead it swung open with such force that he didn't even know who to expect. His eyes widened when he saw a worried Kirari.

Reese was frozen, he hadn't see her in two weeks and that was the longest he'd ever gone without her. She pulled inside by his arm before shutting and locking the door.

"Thank God!" She sobbed, pulling Reese into a weak hug. Kirari had been holding in the tears but now she could see that it was actually him. He was alive. Her sobs cracked Reese's heart as they increased in volume while he quietly rubbed her back to try and calm her down.

"I thought you were dead." She whispered as her head rested on his shoulder, tears still staining his black hoodie. The same hoodie he wore whenever he'd kill people, he didn't want anyone to recognise him.

Anyone who'd seen him in this hoodie normally wouldn't live long, except Kirari. He'd kill to make sure she had a long, fulfilling life, even if it was without him.

"You ain't call me!" She shouted as she smacked him with a hat she'd grabbed from the floor, tears continued to trickle down her face.

"You ain't text me!" Kirari shouted even louder and smacks got even harder, Reese simply took the beating. He understood why she was reacting the way she was, in a way it warmed his heart to see that he still had this effect on someone.

"I ought to kill your black ass!" She shouted before she just stood still, running her hand over her blond, natural, short hair. Her big eyes stared at him with just one emotion: worry.

The hate that Reese worried that she'd feel wasn't even there.

"You don't hate me?" Reese asked quietly. This was sensitive ground so he knew to tread carefully.

His eyes were glued onto her face, scanning her for any type of reaction. He was ready for her to cuss him out, when Reese decided to declare war on Blanco, he knew that there was a possibility that Kirari would cut him off again.

But this time, she'd cut him off forever.

Kirari's worried expression deepened. She'd always wondered how she'd react if she knew that Reese was back to the street life and she finally knew the answer. After what he'd done to her daddy, she never thought she'd forgive him, yet she did. She found it in her heart to give him unconditial love.

Kirari loved Reese unconditionally.

"I know what you been up to and I always thought that I'd hate you for it." Kirari sighed, she was frustrated. She stepped back to sit down on stairs before scooching up so that Reese could sit beside her, which he slowly did.

Kirari exhaled deeply before she rested her head on his shoulder. She carried on, "I love you, Ta'vian. Whether you sober, not sober. Whether you in school or not. Whether you carry on with this or not."

Her confession shocked Reese, he felt his heart warm up. His fear fizzled up and quickly turned to happiness, Reese turned his head and kissed Kirari.

Her tear-stained lips were coated in salt and worry, until his warm tongue licked it all away. His hand held her chin and pulled her even closer, deepening it. Even though Kirari's throat burned because of the lack of oxygen, she still found herself leaning in even more, drinking in his scent, his touch and his affection.

"I love you too, baby." Reese mumbled while giving her quick pecks all over her face, which just ended up with Kirari giggling. Her thick, pink lips stretched out in a wide smile while she laid on Reese. She hadn't realised how attached she'd gotten to him.

~m e a n w h i l e~

"You ain't have to buy me some food." Pearl giggled as she rushed out of Mama G house. She was running towards Blanco who was hiding a bag of McDonald's.

Forcing a believable smile on his face, Blanco replied, "I had to make sure my girl was well-fed."

Within the week of Kirari and Pearl breaking up as friends, Blanco had asked Pearl to be his girlfriend and she'd excitedly said yes. A candlelit dinner couldn't make her see his lies any clearer, it only made her fall deeper into the facade that he was spoon feeding her.

Pearl was a young girl with no real male figure in her life. She had no one to compare this relationship to, even to check if it was healthy or not. Growing up, her daddy was a prick and she didn't have any cousins to siblings. Pearl had no reliable male in her life.

That was until she met Blanco.

The pair slipped into his car, music played softly in the background as she hummed and ate the food happily while Blanco texted orders out. He was at war and he needed to focus on other things, but his biggest weapon was sitting right beside him.

Brent Faiyaz, 'Clouded played in the back ground.

I gave it all for a fantasy,
Is anybody gon' remember me?

"Don't go to school tomorrow, come chill with me at home." Blanco turned to Pearl before giving her a quick peck.

If I go tonight I hope the world will change,
I just hope they don't forget my name

Pearl simply nodded happily before going back to eating. She didn't like going to school anymore, she didn't have anymore friends or anything of that sort. There was no point in her going to school.

As they laughed and ate together, the couple's bond became deeper. At least on side it was. The other side, it never went anywhere. Blanco couldn't form any real relationships because he was incapable of feeling any emotions.

No man could stay at the top of the food chain for so long with emotions. Blanco couldn't feel love, sadness or regret. He'd learned all of these emotions in therapy, of course he was taught these for good reasons but that wasn't what he used these for.

Had Blanco been a white man, he would've been named a serial killer a long time ago.

You ever wonder why victims always go back to their abusers?

Because they never knew they were victims in the first place.