30. He is going to be the end of you.

The ride home was quiet at the end. When Carlos stopped outside my house, he started taking his seatbelt off as well.

"Can I come in for a little?" He asked me with pleading eyes. I wondered why he wanted to, but I just nodded and we got out of the car.

My clothes was still soaked, and so was my hair. "I'll just go change." I said as he took a seat on the couch.

It was hard getting my clothes off since they were literally glued to my body, but I managed. I changed into a big sweater and some sweatpants.

When I got out of the door I walked straight into Carlos. I stood back into my room in confusion and he came after me.

"Are you going somewhere?" He asked and motioned to the suitcase on the floor. I cleared my throat and sat down on the bed.

"Yeah for Christmas." I said shortly hoping he would change the subject.

He came over to the bed and sat down next to me. "Where you going?" He asked curiously and looked at me. I had noticed that every since that party he have been looking at me differently.

"Why do you look at me like that?" I asked changing the subject. His eyes widened at my question.

"Like what?" He asked back.

I sighed. "I don't know. Like—I'm some problem that needs to be fixed." I said truthfully. That's what I felt like when I was with him. I felt like he had taken it upon himself to fix me, but I don't need to be fixed.

"I'm not—I don't think that." I heard the lie in his voice.

"You do." I said and looked away from him. "Ever since the party you've looked at me like that." I explained, but I knew he knew that.

"Well I was worried for you. Is that so bad?" He asked calmly.

"No of course not, but can't you see that I'm ok?" I started growing irritated with him. Honestly I wanted him to leave. Or I never really wanted him to come inside in the first place.

"Tessa I," he paused not knowing what to say. And before I knew it he pressed his lips to mine. I was in shock and when I finally realized what was happening I pushed him off me.

"What are doing!" I hissed.

"I like you Tessa." He said and looked at me with the same expression as always.

"Is this why—with Nora? Why you didn't even give her a chance?" I stuttered and put my head in my hands. He nodded.

"Carlos, you can't—we can't." He grabbed my hands to calm me down.

"Yes we can." He tried to convince me.
"I cant, and you-you can't like me, because—I can't." I was ashamed that I had made him fall for me. It wasn't supposed to happen.

He let go of my hands and his eyes filled with anger and confusion. "Is there—someone else?" He asked with his voice almost breaking at the end. "Ryan? Is it Ryan?" I didn't answer.

"But I helped you— we were together!" My eyes went blank.

"No it wasn't real, Carlos. It was fake—all of it was. And you knew that." I tried to get him to understand that he was in on it too.

"I thought you felt it too. All that time we spent together, it was so real." His voice was shaking both from anger and tears.

"I am so sorry, Carlos. I never meant for this to happen."

"And after all that you just go running right back to him." He got up and went for the door. I followed wanting to explain it to him.

"He's gonna break your heart again, Tessa. Just like before—he's gonna leave you all alone, but this time just know that I'm not gonna be there for you." He opened the front door and was about to leave.

"He is going to be the end of you." Was the last he said before storming out to his car.

The worst thing is that he's right. Ryan is gonna be the end of me. Wether I like it or not, he's going to be. He has been ever since the first time he held me in his arms, I knew it. That's when I knew it.