Track 12: Burn

On Thursday night, I met my brother at the Springhill Suites in Addison. It was walking distance from Addison Circle which was hosting Kaboom Town- a huge 4th of July festival that ended with a massive firework display. Thousands of people flooded Addison the day before to celebrate, causing certain roads to be blocked off, making driving and parking impossible. Cam eliminated that problem by booking us rooms at the hotel. We met up right after I got off of work.

"Hey Bro!" I exclaimed. He had his back to me as I entered the lobby of the hotel.

"Hey sis." Cam greeted me and I hugged him. "Jenna already went up to our room. She figured you'd want to get your hotel key and get dressed." Cam explained, handing over my key card.

"Oh great, she's already in my head." I groaned, only partially kidding.

He chuckled. "Stop it. She won't do that without my say so..."

I grimaced.

"I'm kidding. If it makes you feel better, she's twice as nervous to meet you."

Really? Huh. Good to know.

"So we'll meet you back down here around 6. Trevor and Becca should be here around then."

Great. I didn't know Becca was coming. Maybe if Trevor would have responded to my text, I would have been prepared to play 5th wheel.

"Sounds great!" I forceful cheered.

We drove to park closer to our rooms and he helped me with my bag. I already saw families and groups walking across the parking lot towards Addison Circle. The room was amazing. It was a one-bedroom suite with a mini kitchen and living room. I had no intentions of using either, but still very nice.

I showered, got dressed, and changed into a fitted white tank that had an American flag on it. I paired it with cut-off dark denim shorts. I didn't feel like doing my hair so I pulled it up in a messy bun. I threw on some comfortable tennis shoes, sunglasses, and red lipstick and was ready to go by 5:45.

I decided to go and wait in the lobby. I walked around the hotel, passing the pool. I noticed that Trevor had made it to the hotel. He was out by the pool, sunglasses on, talking to a very tall, bikini-clad brunette girl- obviously not Becca. He had his phone out and it looked like he was getting her number. I'll say it again. ASSHOLE!

I waited until they finished their conversation before I approached him.

"That didn't look like Becca." I said, pushing my shades on top of my head. He left his shades on, leaving me at a disadvantage. His blue eyes normally revealed everything he was thinking.

"Aren't you a smart one." He said, sarcastically.

"Aren't you a hypocritical homewrecker. Where is Becca anyway?"

"Meeting us at Addison Circle once she gets off work. Helping someone with directions makes me a hypocritical homewrecker?" Trevor said, with a little smile.

"Getting her number does. Why would you even offer to help? You couldn't even find your way to my new apartment." I scowled at him.

"That's why I had my GPS out on my phone- for directions not her number." Trevor grinned.

"Oh wow! You know how to use your phone?!? Did you figure out how to return my texts yet?" I said, crossing my arms.

He laughed. "I'm so sorry Lily. I'm throwing myself at your mercy. Please forgive me."

"Maybe after you buy me a beer." I smiled as we headed to the lobby together.

And like that, we were cool again. We can never stay mad at each other. That was why I had no idea why he avoided me and the inevitability of us making up last week.