New Beginnings

Sunshine. Sunscreen. Loud music. Happy dancing. New beginnings.

Finally got around settling into my new room, had drawers of makeup, my fav Marilyn Monroe pink bumble gum poster, quartz crystal and gorge vanity lighting making it chic, modern and totally fantastic!

Hailey's side was equally glamorous, cool, hip and her vibe, so amazing. She had a neon sign that read 'Hello Gorgeous', a tufted silk sofa, decorative sconces, and fresh flowers. The room also came complete with a sizeable kitchen and a spacious balcony.

At present, the room was well illuminated with multicolored lights for our mini- gathering or room warming or party, whichever one you fancy. We were going to let our hair down, be sweet, funny and silly in all the most ridiculous ways. The 6 of us- Alex, Hailey, Ross, Bianca, Ryan and I were ready to enjoy every second of this new fresh start.

I heard the familiar honking sound of my brother's Mercedes. I quickly descended downstairs to the driveway to help with bringing the food and drinks inside.

"Hey Sis, you look great." He opened the door and jumped out. He looked charming as always with his rosy smile.

"You hold these chocolate pies in one hand and the takeaways in the other. I will bring the drinks and the remainder of the takeaways."

We swiftly climbed upstairs. We knocked about forty times, but Hailey was not coming out. So we dropped the items on the corridors and waited impatiently, playing rock paper siccisors. Apparently, she was in the shower- typical Hailey having strange ways of making us run late. But when the doors burst opened, she neither looked like a drowned rat nor a summer camp kid emerging from the lake. Rather, she had this glitzy look like Kim Kardashian at the met Gala even in a towel.

"Sorry to have made you wait. Please drop them on the table," Hailey instructed.

"Are they almost in?" asked Axel.
"Ross, Biana and Ryan would be in any from now," answered Hailey.

"Speak of the devil!" I exclaimed.

The three amigos arrived with Ryan holding a bottle of wine and Bianca unexpectedly was wearing the same pink lace dress I was wearing. The only difference being that I had paired mine with silver hoop earrings and white quilted Bottega Veneta mules, while Bianca, accessorized with a wide-brim hat, red sandals and a matching clutch. Undeniably, we both looked attractive in a fertility goddess kind of way.

"No we didn't plan it", Bianca chipped in
"Like they say the fierce ones wear pink," I retorted.
"That is what happens when your party theme is pink and sparkles," Axel added. The rest of the gang nodded in agreement.

"Ross, you are nodding but you are not even wearing pink."

"Hey, don't come for me. My shirt buttons are pink and there are sparkles on my jeans pocket. But you are still in a towel and the party is about starting. Check that!"

"Gee, I was just kidding, I've got my petal pink frock right here."

"Enough, let's all settle down" I said.
So they plonked down onto our beds.

Hailey picked up her frock from the sofa and dashed into the bathroom to change. She came back looking heavenly, the dress hugged her in all the right ways as it showed her incredible figure.

****

20 minutes later, the party was in full bloom and it looked like it was about going all wild and bonkers. Bianca was doing some crazy fluid belly dance to the song Hips Don't Lie while the others cheered her on. Axel, Ross and Ryan did a crazy choreography to LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It. I wondered what would have happened had we brought in alcohol. Anyways, the next activity was movies.

After much deliberation, we finally conceded to watching the hangover series. It was more of a wrestle mania than a deliberation if you ask me- we looked like hyenas prancing over a prey- rolling around on the floor fighting over the remote. The girls wanted to watch Pitch Perfect but the guys wanted The Hangover. The girls, eventually, compromised on the condition that the guys do everything they ask them to do for a whole week.

While everyone's attention was on the movie, Ryan came over to me. "Can we talk," he whispered into my ears. Ryan and I peeled ourselves away to the balcony.

"It has been one heck of a week. I must say I admire your bravery through it all. I belive that we can work through anything together" He gentle grabs me by the elbow drawing me closer, but I pull away.

"Ryan, Never in a million years, did I imagine getting into a fight over a guy because I have always found it appalling, hideous and downright distasteful. But life is full of surprises. Thank God, it is all behind me"

"Sorry for putting you in such a position. But did you know that Riley had been cheating on me all along with a designated side dude. His name is Bob"

"Wow, that's interesting."

"Now, are we back to being boyfriend and girlfriend?"

Images of us being us being together, walking along the beach cuddling fill my mind, but the superwoman in me fights them off. "Hmmm... I'm constantly wanting to grow to be a better person, sister, daughter and friend. We both got a lot of growing to do. I feel like there is a mountain between now and us getting back to where we used to be. I think we should be friends and not rush into anything now. What is meant to be, will always find a way."

"That wasn't the answer I was expecting to hear. But I want you to know that I will always love you no matter what. I will always be there for you no matter what."

He stepped forward and extended his hand "Friends?" He looked up and smiled.

Not rushing, waiting, being friends, building trust is the right thing to do. If we are meant to be, it will be.

And so "Friends" I extended my hand and we shook on it.

Vote and Comment!